Best way to quieten an exhaust

bindie
This post is 3928 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

looking to make the exhausts on the virago 535 a bit quieter , currently it has slash cuts with no baffles, these exhausts could even at one point have been marked "not for highway use".

I know ....go buy another exhaust system...not an option at the minute , looking for a reasonably cost effective way that preferably dont envolve modifying the exhausts by drilling into them.

any ideas guys.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

stick your hand over the ends of them????

Or baffles

Its going to be hard to install any baffle system without some sort of drilling as circlips wouldn't work.

It's possible there's a hole in the exhausts already, as they may originally had baffles in them that were taken out. If not then drilling a small hole will be necessary; not actually hard though.

If not you could always just stand next to it and keep saying SSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! at it? least then the people around you will see you are trying to keep it quiet.

But in all truth-ful-nesssssss, your ear natraly quieten loud noises automatically (after 5 or 6 minutes)

You could possibly avoid drilling if you use the baffles above and weld the back ends just inside the rims of your pipes. I doubt it'd be that stable, so you'd possibly need a large supporting washer at the front end, or something. Not my area of specialty, really - I run straight-throughs with the removabale baffles removed. :D

But then, this is only temporary until you can afford new slip-ons, right?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online