Anyone have a Bolt yet??

foo fighter
This post is 3932 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have been thinking about building a bobber for a while now, and on my search through the internet for inspiration, i found the Yamaha Bolt. but it was only being sold in America, i was looking on yamaha uk website this morning and it looks like they are selling the Bolt here now!!! they seem to have really captured that 50's bobber look with it. Does anyone on here have one yet?? might have to be getting me one of these!!!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Nearest Yammie dealers are Pro-Bike in Newbury or Mott in Basingstoke. One in Farnborough too, but not been there myself.

Either of the first two might have 'em in, but given that I haven't even seen the thing on the Yammie site, I doubt it.

If you find any, give us a shout here - Cupcake might be interested, given the Sportster similarity and I'd certainly like a look.

Could make it a Reading Rideout (including surrounding area, for the likes of Foamy ;) )!!

My top tip on building a bobber is to get an old bike and bob that as you will be buying a brand new bike are you really wanting to chop the frame, fuck up the paint work etc etc? i know a bobber is all about your own personal preferance and that but to me a bobber needs to look ugly yet sexy, finding things down the scrappy and making it into a motorcycle part and so on.

Dont get me wrong the Bolt is a sexy looking bike and will make a very nice bob/chop but its going to take a deep set of pockets to keep it looking nice, where as the old dirty bobber look can be done on a poor mans budget.

Good luck and im def looking out for this one ;)

just had a look on the yamaha web site and its on there listed at £7499, Mott are showing it on there web site to and are even saying you can book a test ride!!! might have to head there over the weekend me thinks, as for chopping the frame and stuff, all i would want to do with it is, throw some fork gaiters on it, and lower the front end an inch or so.

Not a bad price since its almost a thou, nice looking bike.

Ill have a test ride on one as soon as they find their way into local showroom and my foots better!