Helmet camera advice.

wallywant xj6s
This post is 3973 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

I have SPORT-CAM HDpro, it is a bullet camera with attached box thingy that takes micro SDHD cards, a really good camera and excellent video resolution, it did cost more than your £200 but they do other cameras that might suit your needs. Go to [email protected] and have a look, seem to be nice people although they are hard to get hold of they NEVER answer the phone but do answer emails!! Mine was £299.99 so might be more than you want but they also do smaller bullet cams that are all in one. I am not saying you should buy their stuff just that it might be worth a look. :jossun:

go pro hero 3 with the motorsport accessories.

Why not have a look for a 2nd hand GO PRO 2 perhaps?

i mean you'll almost certainly scuff it up at some point.......Having one that is 2nd hand at a fair bit less then the retail price really could take the sting out of breaking it or w/e.

All the youtube footage from these seems great quality.

If i ever get round to buying one i would probably go for the go pro 2....with one of those cases around it to try and protect it as much as possible - i think the cases also make it waterproof?

Since Contour haven't been mentioned yet, I'll mention it :P. I got my Contour Roam for £134 but you can now get the next model (ContourROAM2) for about £145 on Amazon. The camera quality is great and it's reasonably priced. The awesome thing about these cameras is that they are natively waterproof, so you don't need an enclosure that would add to the weight/bulk. Great for British weather! I also love its slimline design.

Personally, I think GoPros are overrated and overpriced (just like Apple products) and Sony is no where near the competition.

• Like 1

go pros for the helmet, hmm i never understood why a box on a stick became popular, its not as if the picture is miles better than any other hd camera ?? Drift seem good with some great accessories like remote control but they are bulky looking compared to others like the contour, which i own. I haven't mounted it on my motorbike helmet, just my cycle helmet and found it heavy enough to constantly tug the helmet down on one side and the battery didn't last that long :(

I only want a camera to record for insurance purposes so I will be buying a bullet cam style next and have opted for a roadhawk ride, waterproof, very lightweight, looped 720p hd recording on a 32g card can do over 8 hours of footage (battery life 90mins) and can be hard wired to the bike for infinite recording all for £149.

I have been recommended this camera from an long time R1 user who swears by it and its in my budget range too

a camera to record for insurance purposes so I will be buying a bullet cam style next and have opted for a roadhawk ride,

ROADHAWK RIDE

I've just purchased one of these from EVANS CYCLES using their fathers day promotion code DAD20 (not an online option) over the phone and got it for £129.....instead of £149. free delivery too!

it comes with a wide range of mounts so it looks like I'll be fitting it to my Skid lid, cycle helmet and car dash!

ROADHAWK RIDE

I've just purchased one of these from EVANS CYCLES using their fathers day promotion code DAD20 (not an online option) over the phone and got it for £129.....instead of £149. free delivery too!

it comes with a wide range of mounts so it looks like I'll be fitting it to my Skid lid, cycle helmet and car dash!

read this, ran over to evans web site and put in the promo code CPA15 and I paid £127.46 - nice find, thanks :hyper:

Thank you again all and have gone for the drift 1080p hd so going to give it a go.cheers.

A good camera with remote control, waterproof out of the box and don't forget to buy the separate drift mic if you want decent audio according to a few vlogs I've watched

I paid £127.46 - nice find, thanks

Yup, never was any good at maths!...... thought £20 off was better than 15% off!!!!.........DOH!!! :eusa_doh:

Hopefully you haven't bought it at full price already because you can get 10% off on cameras from Action Cameras by using the promotional code VONTEN.

Credit: BaronVonGrumble

thanks for action camera link, I found there this, ordered, I will post here after first recording so you can know if the camera its ok for this price.

No problem. Thought maybe you would have gone for a Drift or something well known. It's a risk going for a camera that isn't vigorously tested in the wild. I haven't heard of the JVC action camera before and this review doesn't really say a lot of good things about it, hopefully it's on par with the rest. Let us know how the testing goes.

test today the JVC... the sound is very bad, but this will not be a problem, I think I can have a better image if I change some setings so, I decide to keep the camera. 190 pounds is a fair price for this JVC. I already order handlebar mount, not included in pack but tripod mount feature give you a lot of option to mount this camera. also you can fit the camera vertical or orizontal and you can set invert image and this give you lot of option to mount. you can fit the camera in any position, everywhere practically. link

this is strange, before I post I change to unlisted and i`m sure I do this lol. I set again to unlisted

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online