New to the whole bike scene from Perth. Yamaha xj600. Hello!

This post is 3834 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey there guys I have very recently (two days ago) passed my motorbike tests completely and gained my A2 licence and have chosen a xj600 pre-div. Heard a lot of good things about this forum and can't wait to get on the road (The bike is yet to be delivered ). It'll be my first bike ever let alone first big bike so I'm sort of glad that I need to get it restricted. Its red and has done 28k but for a 1992 bike I thought that was ok.

Once again hello everyone!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Arron" :jossun: i pass thru perth on way south if on bike,[ niss the A90] .. take it easy for a start, where you gonna get it restricted,,

Hi mate new here myself but been on bikes now for a while.....

Well done on the test...and a good choice of bike.......

Just out of interest did you have to do that in and out of cones part as well as a road ride to get a A2???

And.....Take it steady mate when you get out.......Go your own pace and build yer confidence......

Beware Biking's a bug and once yer get it you can't shift it...

Welcome to YOC and to bikes. :jossun:

It's worth repeating what's already been said, when you get out on the road take it easy.

Remember the bike only goes as fast as you make it go, don't make it go too fast until you have a bit more confidence. :D

Hi aarron nice introduction! welcome to yoc & really nice bike post some picks when you get it. have fun but stay safe

Hey Aarron, welcome to the forum - enjoy the bike and take it easy!

• 5 months later...

Hi guys sorry I took so long to reply. Yes I bought the bike from a place called xp bikes and they were the ones who installed the restrictor (a bit steep at £200 mind you) But yes still taking it easy and slow because there are all too many deaths up here in Aberdeen regarding motorcycles. I'll post some picks tomorrow. Recently re-detailed a couple of yamaha logos and tarted up the paint to prepare it for winter. Cheers

Hi mate new here myself but been on bikes now for a while.....

Well done on the test...and a good choice of bike.......

Just out of interest did you have to do that in and out of cones part as well as a road ride to get a A2???

And.....Take it steady mate when you get out.......Go your own pace and build yer confidence......

Beware Biking's a bug and once yer get it you can't shift it...

And yeah unfortunately I had to. And I actually failed my module 2 the first time because of that manoeuvre. You have to reach a minimum speed (25 mph I think? not sure) and so I was looking at my speedo and when I looked back up I suddenly remembered I was no longer doing the emergency stop and now doing the swerve so even though I realised I had started the swerve too late and clipped a cone. However I re-booked it for the next week and passed with an A2 license. for 2 years I have to have this and have to re sit the entire mod 1 and 2 again.

Cheers

Welcome Aarron

I have a '98 Pre Div XJ600 myself.

Not on the road & a house move has put the rebuild on hold.

Starting again in spring so maybe we could meet up at some point and swap notes about our bikes ?

This is my 2nd XJ600 I have owned.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online