Latest Disaster

Grouch
This post is 4016 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I'm such a knob! I've only gone and fitted it without luring it, would of been easier and a better job doing it while it was off. I didn't lube the old one either.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Oh Grouch... Well lets put this into perspective - at least it's another cheap fix! You had the last cable a year, how many miles did you get out of it?

I've never oiled a cable in my life, maybe that's because I've always fitted genuine parts.

man grouch that sucks ass

this happens on mine every 9 - 12 months

but check ebay for hydraulic clutch i found a whole assembly for around £35

for 110 -140 dirt bikes

mines due to snap as its started to catch and fray

so im gona convert :)

11 miles i pushed my bike once way way back when the piston ate the head.. never again was shagged after me and bike but still made it in time just :hyper:

Been out on the tdr Friday afternoon after work just to dust of the cobwebs an such, been sat since September .

Even with only odd number gears working she still flys an lifts on song, but have to keep it short and be back before all the box old is burnt away :shakeno:

I will get round to it i keep promising myself...

Oh Grouch... Well lets put this into perspective - at least it's another cheap fix!

You had the last cable a year, how many miles did you get out of it?

about 3000 Bippo, and well done on the Mod 1

1.5k riding it & 1k pushing it hehehe

sounds about right lol.

Many premature cable failures occur due to lack of lubrication at the top nipple where the cable engages in the lever.

The nipple should be free to partially rotate as the lever is pulled in, if not the multistrand inner is forced to flex at that point, this work hardens the strands and they break just off the nipple.

Chassis grease is good, water pump/boat trailer grease is better as it resists washing off.

I never use harsh detergents or particularly a pressure washer when cleaning the bike.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online