Broken down on the A60

DirtyDT
This post is 4034 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

A nice day to take the TS out, I thought. About 3 miles into the ride the rear tube has popped and I am waiting for recovery! Just at the start of the country lanes as well. Felt it pop and the rear went wobbly but no dramas. What a pain.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Bugger! Nothing like that to ruin a nice ride out eh?

Glad there were no dramas.

Bugger! Nothing like that to ruin a nice ride out eh?

Glad there were no dramas.

+1

A Triumph shot past me when I was waiting. few minutes later he came back to see if he could help. Had a quick chat but incase he reads this, cheers.

Can't fault Carole Nash recovery.

The wheel is off and booked in tomorrow for a new tube and rim tape.

The TS waiting for recovery.

tstyre1.jpg

tstyre2.jpg

Was it a new tube that blew? .. i suppose thats where Tubeless tyres score they don"t go bang, just slow puntures,

Thats a shame mate, you off work then?

Not off work but I did some CAD work at home this morning so I was going in late.

Was it a new tube that blew? .. i suppose thats where Tubeless tyres score they don"t go bang, just slow puntures,

It was the tube that was fitted when I had the wheels rebuilt and that was just before Squires last year. Less than 300 miles on the tyre. When I got hme I tried a footpump on it and it was holding air so I guess it may be the valve on the tube. I will keep a close eye on what everything looks like when the tube gets replaced tomorrow. Getting new rim tape as well so I will see if there are any spoke nipples that look dodgy in the rim.

Happened to me few years ago, with CBD and Mike right outside the pub :)

carole nash to the rescue too

Happened to me few years ago, with CBD and Mike right outside the pub :)

carole nash to the rescue too

I haven't had a drink since the first night of Squires last year, so about 7 Months. I could have done with a burger van in the lay-by though - cholesterol is one of my five a day!!

• Like 1

Got the tyre done today. When Tim the tyre guy took off the tyre, instead of rim tape, there was just some cut gaffa tape behind the nipples!! Re inflated the tube and there seemed to be a problem with the valve as the tube inflated slowly but OK. I think the valve must let go yesterday.

New rim tape and tube in so hopefully it will stay dry tomorrow for a 21 mile each way commute on it.

Bring on the summer.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online