Hello, Its all new to me....

This post is 4062 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi Guys

For someone in their late 40 I have never really bothered with bikes, but changes in circumstance and the rising cost of fuel forced me to re think my position.

So with a little trepidation I have now booked my CBT and have just purchased a YBR125 Custom and I am now looking forward to my first ride.

Got the basics Helmet, Jacket, trousers, gloves and boots, I know i need to look at security and probably a few other things but on a tight budget so any recommendations or even advice for a newbie.

David

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

A sensible lock. Dont go mad cos you will piss away a fortune. Something sensible.

I Have 2 disc locs and a d lock. All easily carried which is important. (Best lock in the world is useless in the garage.) None are all that impressive but its time you want and irritation.

Most theives want quick and easy. If yours isnt they will nick someone elses. Cruel but its the world were in.

Hope you enjoy it. You have picked the best time to start.

:welcome: aboard David!

Welcome david" :jossun: take it easy on your first ride-out, get a feel for cornering, and watch cars at junctions , and rounda bouts, they WILL pull out on you, . At some time on your travels, :yeah: ..

Welcome to the forum.

I also have the same bike and only statrted riding late summer last year.

Its good bike to learn on, after the CBT just go out for a ride and take it at your own pace.

I know when I started it was all early morning riding which was an advanatge as it was so quiet. This did allow me to build up some valable experience.

I have now done about 4000 miles on mine, in all weathers and really enjoy it.

Old River Man

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online