fastest dt 175 in the world?

This post is 4062 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Go on then, tell us your secret.

5 powerbands?

WR200 motor?

Hee eddie" hes upped the front sprocket- modded the exhaust- aircleaner etc. pretty impressive,, :yeah:

hi fellows blackhat is almost right, also the smaller rear sprocket, the stock exhaust back yz 80 muffler air cleaner no lid or snorkel

needle raised. when i took it to the track last wasnt running properly picked up 6 tenths & 10 mph thats a lot of horse power

with the small sprocket its hard to 60 foot , with the bigger sprocket ive had 1.895 60 & 17.6 with the small 1 best 2.31.

u do the sums easy run 16s,

Hmm sounds like a perfect set up to run in ET,drive it out of the hole like a sunday cruise and run consistant low/mid 17.00's thats how trophys are won. No need to sand bag it. had a girl at our local D/S ooo 14yrs ago and she won the ET series on a kaw 440 never did a burn out,never tried to launch,just deep stage the bike and cut 500's and drive to the other end. I bet she never went .02 different and won more races on her R/T.

Be neat to see a 175 win a ET series against 1300's,pro bikes with studder boxes,shift lights,air shifters ect that would piss off a :hah: few guys. Fair to assume that you have picked up at least 3- 5 hp to be able to gain 1/2 second and 10mph,pretty cool for just exhaust and intake work. You haven't shaved the head or anything else? Like stuff the crank area ,altered the port timming,bigger carb,porting? I would be inclined to clean up the stock porting( the stock casting is poorly done) not mod it just make it right. And add a ram air intake for track use.

As these dt'skeep poping up more and more you might want to see if there is a intrest in your pipe design and make a few,guy's could keep thier stock pipe for shows and from rotting and gain a few hp,or in the case of no pipe left to work with an alternative.

Any way I take it your going back to the larger rear sprocket and shooting for the 16's lets us know how it goes :headbang:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online