Need some help with my DT125 LC

This post is 4019 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Open offers for parts...some one here wants the wire harness alone is worth 50-70 usa $$dont waste any more cash on it you can get say 600 parting it . More if offers come in.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Could it be a 125 engine in a 50 bike?

If its a 50cc I wouldn't put anymore cash into it really just part it out...

Sounds like a lot of work is needed with no papers etc for the bike I personally wouldn't bother!!!

Ken

well the work it needs is mostly small things, mostly maintanence.

and as for papers, i called the DMV earlier and asked what it would take to get papers for it, they said all i have to do is come down there with the bike, they check the VIN, make sure i dont have any bad driving record, and if everything turns up clear then they get me papers in my name, and itll only cost $10.

and this morning i also got it running without a problem now, sounds good, idles nicely, doesnt smoke anymore.

and ill probably be going tomorrow to get a tube for the rear tire so i can ride it and see how it does on the streets

UM call me nuts but its a 2 stroke and when they don't smoke they seize pistons

well i mean smoke as bad as it did when it was started yesterday, today its a finer smoke cloud and has a real nice french fry smell almost haha

i had a bit of premix left, it was Motul 800 at 40:1. might tinker slightly with the brand and ratio to get the best setup for the bike

i also had an old milk crate in the garage, haha tied it on the back for sh!ts and giggles. not sure how long ill keep it on there but its there for now haha

well im having carb problems now..

seems as the bowl isnt even filing up, right when i turn the petcock on to allow the fuel to flow, i count to 2, and its coming right out of the overlow nipple..

so wats the verdict? do i gotta replace the carb entirely? do i go stock or are there other carbs i can get from other models?

im not looking to break the bank on a fancy aftermarket one, just a good working one, new or used

i did, and i tok the bowl off, filled it with gas and slowly put it back on and i could see the float working.

now that i ruled the float out, what would be the next corse to check?

All you have found is the float moves. The level of fuel in the carb is a critical measurement.

May just need attention on the float valve.

does anyone have a pic of how the float and needle valve attach? i believe that to be my problem

well i believe i found my problem.. theres supposedly a small wire that connects the float to the needle valve, im missing that wire. the previous owner had the needle valve just resting on the float and that explains the problem why it leaks out all the gas that goes in the carb, the needle valve isnt seating up top to stop the fuel from pouring in..

so now what guys?

you can buy float valves on ebay ,, cheap too , mind your model of carb... :yeah:

so id have to get a whole float valve? i could get just that little wire?

so id have to get a whole float valve? i could get just that little wire?

Now i know i havent got much spare cash and it aint going to improve but your bike is just dead metal without that valve working properly.

Some corners can be cut. On carbs..you can't. You float valve is buggered you need a replacement.

yeah, so when i buy a float valve what all will it exactly come with and whats a good place to buy them? i called my local dealership and they wont have any in order for a few more months. are there any reputable places online?

thanks for all the help so far guy, im on a few other forums trying to figure this out and i either get flamed for asking or nobody wants to really help so i appreciate it

Skip that main dealer" couple of months, :eusa_snooty: What part of outer Mongolia does his supplier live :crazy: ,

go on ebay ,if its a Mikuni carb, there about $10. with next day delivery, thats complete valve ,

ok awesome, ill probably do that.

oh and a guy offered me $500 for it as it is now

im like 40% sell 60% keep

even though its a 50cc its still a real awesome bike and im sure a motor swap down the road is simple

any input guys? just mainly wondering if thats a fair offer or is he lowballing?

and another thing i was wondering as well, theres a small leak on the left side of my gas tank at the bottom, would it be safe if i drained the gas and welded over the crack to patch the leak?

Yeh bosan" simple motors to work on,,, watch the welding tho, :eusa_naughty: tank needs to be TOTALY flushed, a whiff of gas fumes and boom.

enlarged gas tank and singed eye brows,, :ph34r:

yeah ik wat u mean haha

ive welded on other gas tanks and a few propane tanks. its gonna sit outside in the nice weather for a few days first though haha

ill also be doing MIG welding on a low heat as ive learned with gas tanks

also can anyone find a place online that would sell the float assemblys? ive found a few but theyre wanting 30-40, is that about average?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online