Bike getting sorted out, once and for all!

Grouch
This post is 4074 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

You evil bastards haha, they are waiting for a disc to come so it will be next week. I am upping my estimate to £400!

Please guys don't f'ing jinx me haha.

i could estimate a money value but i think i will go with the age old currency of ' a ripping out of wallet through anal cavity, and an expensive lesson'..

but seriously i would be thinking some where in region of £500 depending on labour..£150ish for parts. £240 for labour (8hours @£30) plus a little for the not running side of things...

i sincerely hope its nothing as high of a price as these lot are saying, i have changed my wheels over, that took less then 40 mins, we have changed the rear bearing TWICE! that was about 30 mins job each time (bear in mind there were two of us). changed front disk that took about 3/4 of an hour as the caliper was being awkward. Bulbs 15 mins job, at most.

Really hope they don't take the piss on this one man. If they ask stupid money can one just tell em to fuck off, and see them in court?. how the fuck can they justify 500 for these jobs you need doing? fingers crossed man!.

Do your fucking test grouch! you can get ANY bike you want after! im not old enough for a full license, but once you get yours done .....ANY BIKE

My guess with a new starter and cdi 390.00 + 2 chickens ,a jar of vasoline(optinal if you can take dry) and you have to name your 1st child after the shop :hah:

I think we should get a collection going to help me in my time of need. Seriously though I am starting to regret not doing the bulk of the work myself, but lesson learned. No McDonalds, Subways, Nando's, scratch cards, alcohol, or other luxuries for a month or so.

Funny because I'm dying to get stuck in and get my hands dirty now.

Hope its not too pricey for you pal!!!

It's a lesson learnt me thinks lol... I've had a go at both 2 and 4stroe engines now just using the Internet and forums help.

Only Time I use a garage is for fuel and mot!

Ken

I have a basic set of tools that I get by with, but I don't have a workshop. My girlfriend has a garage with electric, but she lives 11 miles away. I am thinking of commandeering that because she doesn't use it.

I have a basic set of tools that I get by with, but I don't have a workshop. My girlfriend has a garage with electric, but she lives 11 miles away. I am thinking of commandeering that because she doesn't use it.

LOL need a better reason to have to spend the night? sorry hun I didn't get it all done I finnish it in the morning :eusa_whistle::wank4az:

When I get divorced, she gets the house, cars, bikes, and cats, I get fuck all.

oh wait...you get something...the debt! :(

Just joshin though...I got divorced and most of what I got was debt. :eusa_think:

oh wait...you get something...the debt! :(

Just joshin though...I got divorced and most of what I got was debt. :eusa_think:

I'm only joking, I'd never get a divorce, don't think I'll ever marry. The social norm is changing nowadays.

To get married you will be in debt, its just like having a girlfriend bar the fact you have a bit of paper saying YOU GOT MUGGED FOR £3000 FOR THIS BIT OF PAPER. Your now married.

Upon Divorce your better half gets half of what you own Every thing and you get to pay a monthly installment to the ex-wife charity.

All joking a side, im happy with being married, just the flipping price of it all! took me n the wife 8 years till we decided to tie the knot but you get other folk who get married after being with there partners 3 weeks!!!

Back on topic tho, hows the bike going?

I think nowadays the majority of people get married for the wrong reasons i.e. being the centre of attention for the day and trying to better the last persons wedding. A big F off do resulting in tens of thousands of pounds of debt.

DONT let them change anything on the bike until the motor is sorted & running right, otherwise its money down the drain as the bike will be just a pile of spares without a decent motor..

DONT let them change anything on the bike until the motor is sort

ed & running right, otherwise its money down the drain as the bike will be just a pile of spares without a decent motor..

Exactly what I was thinking, I'm phoning them now.