Bike getting sorted out, once and for all!

Grouch
This post is 4080 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Blackhat Hosed is when they take you to the cleaners,it's canadian EH! hoser.

um thats not to bad a price I guess forom what other's guessed,but I can see a huge difference in prices from here to overthere,not so much parts but I'm wondering how much labour they charged to tell you it's a bad battery.? But still a week to do that little work is rediclus

Hopefully you will need a new tire before your mto will make the spoke replacment easier. better get a set of tire irons. And find someone close to show you how to change a tire. It's a job that def goes easier with 2 people

And Slice with my first estimate of 380.00 I guess I get the smart ass know it all award,should have played the lottery :eusa_doh: then i would have won somthing with a lucky guess number. :biglaugha:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Well done on the guess, you get to be " :hyper: THE SMART ARSE OF THE WEEK :hyper: " if you play the lottery next week let me know and I'm in for a dollar. :biglaugha:

Not a bad price that Grouch,

With regards to your battery you bought last year, have you stored it on a bit of wood or on the floor? if its on the floor it will discharge as its direct to ground. next thing for you to go and buy is and opti-mate. great bit of kit and will save you buying a new battery for a while

Well done on the guess, you get to be " :hyper: THE SMART ARSE OF THE WEEK :hyper: " if you play the lottery next week let me know and I'm in for a dollar. :biglaugha:

Thats better than the DIP SHIT OF THE WEEK lol With my luck that would be a waste of a dollar

No doubt a very pleasant surprise there mate. I'm off to eat my hat...salt and vinegar or salt and sauce

Right guys just got back from the garage. The price is £347.68 not £357.68, this includes,

Rear pad/disc/bearing

New rear tyre

Battery (deduct the price of a battery from above)

Spoke fitting

Labour for all above and finding out what's wrong with electrics.

Bad side, my bike is due an M.O.T. Next month and it needs

Front brake pads

Chain guard (advisory)

Electrical problem which is when high beam is on rear brake light goes off????

I think this is minor and was caused by me when I changed bulb etc.

From now on every Sunday will be used to clean/repair/maintain/check my bike. I am also going to repair everything my self and at least attempt it, otherwise I will leave the garage as a last resort if I am out of my depth. The garage I use are good guys and I trust them.

Not a bad price that Grouch,

With regards to your battery you bought last year, have you stored it on a bit of wood or on the floor? if its on the floor it will discharge as its direct to ground. next thing for you to go and buy is and opti-mate. great bit of kit and will save you buying a new battery for a while

Hi Noise,

The battery is a gel battery so doesn't contain acid and holds its charge. You can leave them for years, a lot of people use them for winter storage.

O right, good bit of info that, may have to upgrade mine. what sort of price are they?

AGM/Gel batteries have a higher cranking power than lead acid and they can be mounted on there side which is useful but, cost generally twice as much. They are standard fit on FJR's & TMax's and I tell you they dont last any long than lead acid so the FJR has a lead acid one fitted and has been fine now for 3 + years.