"Upgrade" to Windows 8???

DkD
This post is 4120 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

But recent tests have shown that in a graphics heavy environment such as gaming, video editing etc, that windows 8 actually preforms worse than windows 7.

very true i noticed that with windows 8 framerate is slower when gaming

but i must say windows 8 is not for me i'll be staying with windows 7 ultimate for now

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Gameing? Not something us old farts do very often, Windows 8 runs Pong & Space Invaders fine....

I dualboot my laptop with XP, Linux Ubuntu and windows 7, only problems im having with windows 7 is running a lot of the old 32-bit games (Apache 95, streets of simcity, proper old skool stuff) and it wont run the johnny castaway screensaver :(

Google is your friend, Foams...

To run all 16bit Windows installers and programs on Windows 7 64bit you will need to install a 32bit version of Windows as a guest OS in something like MS Virtual PC, Vmware, VirtualBox, Parallels, etc.

You might also have success with DOSBox or OpenGlide. D-Fend Reloaded is possibly the easiest to use and includes DOSBox already installed.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online