Dyno tuning my dt

smoush
This post is 4140 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys can anybody help, I'm looking for somewhere as close as possible to the north west to take my dt to to be jetted properly on a dyno and fitted with air filter as I really don't want to be messing about when people have the equipment to just get on with it :)

My mate has tried somewhere that used to but don't anymore :(

Any help grateful..

Chris

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

That wont be cheap. Finding a dyno that measures that low effectively may be tricky too.

Why do you need to go to that extreem. Its a 2stroke. Next time the weather changes it will be out.

• Like 1

Just seen it as an easier option :-/ the good British weather we have and the fact I'm being too lazy to mess about changing jets and stripping the carb till I find the right one. Ill give them a try tomorrow and let you no the outcome. Cheers guys

Has it been running ok ? why do you want to change it , is it more speed your after,,,

It seems to be running perfect mate tbh. It's been de-restricted the usual ways- power valve, earthing the wire behind clock and full dep system. Just ordered some boyesen reeds for it to and ill possibly get a filter and remove snorkel. so would need to jet with a filter and snorkel removed any.way wouldn't I? Plus there's like a black oily stuff coming out the end can which that's when a mate said to jet it. Never gone any further than the usual 3 ways of de-restricting I mentioned before so any advice would be greatful :-) Chris

It seems to be running perfect mate tbh. It's been de-restricted the usual ways- power valve, earthing the wire behind clock and full dep system. Just ordered some boyesen reeds for it to and ill possibly get a filter and remove snorkel. so would need to jet with a filter and snorkel removed any.way wouldn't I? Plus there's like a black oily stuff coming out the end can which that's when a mate said to jet it. Never gone any further than the usual 3 ways of de-restricting I mentioned before so any advice would be greatful :-) Chris

If its running perfect as it is I'm baffled as to why you want to throw money away on a dyno...Its got a filter aleady and buying another will be wasting more money IMO

If you want to play safe just put the next size jet in and enjoy it for what it is they are great little bikes.

The black oily stuff is normal on these it's just unburned two stroke oil, mine used to do it too

If its running perfect as it is I'm baffled as to why you want to throw money away on a dyno...Its got a filter aleady and buying another will be wasting more money IMO If you want to play safe just put the next size jet in and enjoy it for what it is they are great little bikes. The black oily stuff is normal on these it's just unburned two stroke oil, mine used to do it too
Like I said I'm clueless when it comes to jetting I'm just going off what I've been told I need to do next :-/ Ill take your advice now I no the black stuff isn't a sign of needing jetting. I don't remember it doing it as much on other Dt's I've owned that's all, just going to fit the boyesen reeds I've ordered and maybe a bigger sprocket for the front for a little more top end for the longer rides out we all go on. Thanks for everybody's help Chris