Help In Bournemouth

nipper280383
This post is 4127 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Alright mate.

Whats up with the electrics, and re the seat. has someone cut the frame, if not it should be easy just to take the seat off and the original seat should fit. Post pics

some things work and some dont. doesnt look like loom has been cut.

as for the frame the person i got the bike from said that the guy he got it from cut it. cvant see where its been cut too. I will post pics tomorrow when better lighting

Im only down in Yeovil mate, but im not an Electrics wizz. If the frame is cut then its going to need a frame builder with a Jig to re-weld it back together, but as said if its not cut then all you will need to do is find a standard seat + pillion pad and pop it on.

Will wait for some pics then we can go from there. but try and post a few at different angles so we can get a good perspective of whats needing doing.

What i can see is that first off the pillion foot peg brackets have been chopped off. And yes the rear section has been cut as well to fit the after market street fighter seat pan so if you wanted it back to normal then you will be best off getting it jigged, i know a chap called Baz who is going to do my one off frame for my bike and most likely will charge you about £100 ish to do this work for you if you want his e-mail address?

As for the wiring, i think its best to just get a second hand complete loom and put that on. Its not hard as the brilliant Jap have made each plug unique to fit its male/female counter part so its just simple plug and play ;)

FZR600BlackFrame.jpg

yamaha-fzr600-rh-1996-frame_mediumyau143

Good O! Like i say its a piece of piss changing the loom they are just tie wrapped to the frame and each plug has its own counter part plug. Best way to attack it is to start at the front, un plug one plug and plug in the new one as you go, at least then you will not loose track of where you are (remembering to cut the cable ties as you go.

I'm hoping it will be pretty straight forward. There are custom lights on the bike so do I cut the loom or buy brackets and put original on. Dissions dissions. I don't intend to keep the bike as my wife wants to be able to come out with me and she can't on this unless I buy a new frame .

• 4 weeks later...

Hi I don't know if it will help but there is a guy on evil bay that sells really good wiring diagrams I have left his name below,tried to find his web address but if you put the item number below in the search box it will take you to his site

Item number: 290501358252

Cheers

Mick

Kojaycat Vehicle Wiring

If it were me I would try and put it back to original. If you're going to the extent of replacing the loom you'll get a good working knowledge of your own bike.

As far as the rear sub-frame is concerned it may be a simple case of looking for a trashed frame and getting the missing part welded back on but be guided by the more expert guys than me on this.

Good luck with it anyway