New Gloves

Stevie_G
This post is 4170 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys,

So as it starts to get colder, I need to get a new pair of gloves that actually stop my fingers from feeling like they are going to fall off!

Any suggestions for some winter gloves that aren't too expensive would be much appreciated.

Cheers

/Steve

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

No particular make, but if you can get a set of mitts or the ones with just 3 "fingers" then your hands will stay a bit warmer. Try some wind deflectors as well

It was either gizmo or you jimmy, that said to put on thin rubber gloves below your gloves,,, :eusa_clap:

Thats right, it was me. My boy enlightened me to it last week or so. A pair of surgical gloves under your own. I tried it and it seemed to work but I havent put any serious mileage in to test it properly.

I've got a pair of Sparda WP gloves for £60. They aren't good for keeping your hands warm on their own though.

b41b19eb4d9e392a121617cae84b7e48.jpg

Like jimmy stated, what makes the difference from freezing hands to cold hands is a pair of these silk thermal liners. Got them from Amazon for about 10 quid (incl. postage). I've also got wind deflectors and R&G heated grips and with this combination, my hands are always warm :D.

You could, if you've got cash to splash, go for a Gerbing T5 which are heated gloves and I think they come in around £150. Read a few reviews and seems to get rated pretty high.

Review here:

if you go down the surgical gloves route

take a couple of pairs with you

they do work but only for a limited time as when your hand sweats(unless you got the glove with talk in them)they go cold

lasts for an hour or so

big difference

me i use snobo gloves with rubber under them hands like toasties

ps i also heat up my gloves on radiator before going out lol

After reading about the latex gloves under your normal gloves I thought I would try something similar, the wife has these thin pairs of white gloves that she puts on after hand cream to let the cream soak in, a pair of those under my normal gloves seems to have made a difference.

I think its just down to layers, doesn't really matter what sort of material, but more thin layers are better than one thick layer, with a wind/water proof layer as the outer.

I've got a pair of Sparda WP gloves for £60. They aren't good for keeping your hands warm on their own though.

b41b19eb4d9e392a121617cae84b7e48.jpg

Like jimmy stated, what makes the difference from freezing hands to cold hands is a pair of these silk thermal liners. Got them from Amazon for about 10 quid (incl. postage). I've also got wind deflectors and R&G heated grips and with this combination, my hands are always warm :D.

You could, if you've got cash to splash, go for a Gerbing T5 which are heated gloves and I think they come in around £150. Read a few reviews and seems to get rated pretty high.

Review here:

I'm all set to buy a pair of these, people have been saying they are really good. Are they worth buying?

I assume you are talking about the Spada pair. Yea, they are a great. As mentioned, not too great at keeping your hands warm on its own but with a thin liner it's good. That being said, I do have a set of heated grips fitted which are pretty much on full blast these days so you might feel the coldness if you don't have any fitted. If you have no plans fit any and going to solely rely on these gloves, a thin liner and your wind deflectors for "winter protection" then I suggest you look for something higher up in the price range and actually invest in "winter gloves".

I like them because they seem good for general all year round riding, looks pretty good and good protection in all the important areas. Also comes with a visor wiper attached to the left hand thumb. I don't really wear hi-viz jackets so these gloves do make up for my carelessness ever so slightly.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online