Hey all!

laydeepunch
This post is 4179 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Latecomer to the forum world here,

Did my CBT and got on in February 2012 with a Yamaha YBR as my trusty steed, but only now really starting to come into my own with taking it more seriously and riding out regularly.

I started out in the countryside and moved to Bristol only a month after doing my CBT so it's been a massive learning curve and I'm just waiting to put aside enough to pass my full test (no small feat these days with all the financial doom and gloom!).

Finally sorting my lovely bike with a proper service and getting on the road good and proper- the YBR's been a pleasure to ride so far :)

563398_10150821852101004_1581904523_n.jp

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
:welcome: aboard! Looks like a fun ride. :)

Welcome to the forum LP, are you talking with a Brizzle accent yet, my luvver? :icon_biggrin:

WELCOME!!

tidy looking little bike there, ive never really had a look at these ybr bikes i done my cbt on a yamaha sr125 and went for a dt125r and im enjoying it but i cant help but think people riding these ybr's and like 4 strokers are having a more relaxing and enjoyable ride out compared to me on my dt.

ken

Welcome " :wavey: glad your enjoying the experience, it gets a lot better when you move up to more Power, you can escape the traffic,

She is a really nice ride- I still manage to get a 'clunk' whenever I change down a gear every now and then but I'm pretty sure that's because I have't properly ridden in a while and I'm having to learn my ABCs again haha.

In response to Mike- yurr, 's gurt lush 'ere innit! No, I've clung onto something between Somerset and Queen's English.

The best thing is how little petrol costs- everyone I know has a car and are constantly whingeing about how expensive the upkeep is. Well it costs me a tenner to fill up, and that only happens every once in a blue moon because the bike just goes and goes and goes.

Still not sure what to move up to once I pass my full test though. The sports models are tempting but at the same time something like an oldschool Triumph would be nice.

She is a really nice ride- I still manage to get a 'clunk' whenever I change down a gear every now and then but I'm pretty sure that's because I have't properly ridden in a while and I'm having to learn my ABCs again haha.

Hey LP try a little blip of the throttle just at the moment you pull the clutch, it will match the engine speed to the lower gear and change easily

In response to Mike- yurr, 's gurt lush 'ere innit! No, I've clung onto something between Somerset and Queen's English.

Yurr but, no but, (Vicky pollard)

Welcome to the west country Lady P.

Hey LP try a little blip of the throttle just at the moment you pull the clutch, it will match the engine speed to the lower gear and change easily

I'll give that a shot next time I'm out. I was always told- throttle off, clutch, gear, gentle clutch release & throttle. Sometimes though I feel I need to make that down-gear really quickly and totally neglect the gentle clutch release. I know, I'm terrible. I have to make the clutch release really slow sometimes- I figured that's probably because I'm not slowing down enough to change gear but at the same time I don't like to knacker the brakes out :/.

Still wrapping my head around it- really wishing I'd ridden more regularly but I'm not going to lie- Bristol traffic is a little intimidating (especially because I ride with a GPS- everything is one way and I don't know for the life of me where I'm going half the time).

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online