Direct Access Blah Blah Blah

Grouch
This post is 4180 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

i dont see the problem with riding all year round aslong as you are switched on enough to adjust your riding to suit the road conditions and what you can expect to find in certain places or 'VPs' (vulnerable points). for example a road next to a field that is prone to flooding, more likely to ice over in the winter months.

as for your test, i spent about £750 on mine because i had to retake my Mod 2 and had more lessons whilst waiting for the second test,

and the wankers at the lights?, wait until they fuck up and bin their several grands-worth of crotch rocket then ride past flipping them the bird

So good it was posted twice

removed the second post :)

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Which then lands the poor, innocent mechanic whose name is on that restriction certificate in deep shit for seeming forging a legal document and supplying an illegal bike... Seems we don't live in a decent world, either.

sadly wrong

like an MOT cert the only time the paperwork is 100% valid is at the time of issue

the bike could have been tampered with at any time after the issue by anyone with little skills

so in that manner the engineer would not be held responsible

what the law would have to do is prove you knew that you were riding without the restrictor(ignorance)

if the police suspected this all they can do is issue a ticket that you must getthe bike checked and get it stamped by an mot station and return the proof to them

most cops upon seeing the restriction paperwork will just nod and forget(unless they catch you doing 150mph lol)

after all its not something they can check at the roadside

as like your mot .....the mot is only 100% valid at time of issue due to the fact that mechanical parts can fail at any time so the examiner cannot be held responsible after the fact

so i wasn't being stupid in my statement only being factual

i've been riding long enough to know loopholes

the only advice i would give you grouch is go out for a play on a big bike and get to know the power your dealing with

and as for your confidence ..........you go for it your obviously ready to move up

good luck whichever way you go

I think you'll find the certificates issued with the restrictors aren't worth the parer they are written on. neither of my sons were ever asked for the certificates to insure their restricted bikes. 2 penny washers and a certificate at a cost of about £190 from 1 of the companies offering this service. Best and cheapest way to restrict a bike is get it done on a rolling road/dyno the readout slip of the BHP is of more than enough for most police officers.

sadly wrong

like an MOT cert the only time the paperwork is 100% valid is at the time of issue

the bike could have been tampered with at any time after the issue by anyone with little skills

so in that manner the engineer would not be held responsible

as like your mot .....the mot is only 100% valid at time of issue due to the fact that mechanical parts can fail at any time so the examiner cannot be held responsible after the fact

So how come all the local dealers and mechanics (not engineers, as they're totally different - I work with some and they get very arsey when you mix the two terms, ha ha!) brick it when a recently restricted bike gets pulled/trashed/crashed?

I can understand it for a PDI, but if this is like MOT why do they get worried?

removed the second post :)

Cheers for that. Forum threw an eppie and wouldn't submit my post for some reason, so I clicked a second time and it crashed! :)