Rev Clock Back Light

JonnyD
This post is 4175 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey Guys its jonny here im fairly new to biking and all my bikes i have fixed myself and i really dont know whats up this time... i have a tzr50 that iv only just baught, the engine and electrics is fine apart from two things, the clock lights up on ocasion then goes off. and i also think my speedo is broken due to it always stays at 00 MPH any of you guys think you can help me?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

yup, i guess thats a busted speedo :P

and i get a similar problem with my own light behind my analogue speedo, meaning i cant see my speed when i do less than 30 at night

lets see if anyone knows how to fix it

more than likely a loose wire or the bulb is loose in its holder, take your clocks apart and check all your electrical connections

as for the speedo fault check the cable that drives your speedo from the front wheel, chances are its broken

Disconect the cable down at the wheel jon"o, stick the cordless drill on cable, might be reverse , see if she spins the needle, if it does " then its the drive in front wheel,, :whistle: