Microfiche scanner

drewpy
This post is 4277 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Any got a microfiche scanner that could scan a microfiche I bought?

Its a parts book for the FZ but its a bit hard to read at standard resolution :D

thanking you

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi

Maybe no help at all but I would go to a local library and try to use theirs, hopfully they will also have the facility to make hard copies from it,

Just a thought

There is a couple of ways which may help.

You could try scanning the microfiche with your PC scanner

I found my DTMX microfiche and did this with my canon MP610 (Printer/Scanner all in one) its quite old now, but it has the ability to scan at 1200 dpi, more modern scanners can probably do better, i cropped the scan, I know you cant read it but its nearly there, Like i say a newer scanner might do better.

1.jpg

Alternatively, you could try a usb microscope,....................... good old ebay!

here it is on my DTMX microfiche and the result below filled the screen it was in focus before I pressed the capture button!!

2.jpg

3.jpg

Plus a closer pic held about a 1mm above the fiche. This picture below filled the entire screen in this clarity

4.jpg

If you go down this route it took me half an hour just to produce one photo!! too bloody fiddly! but it worked.

http://howtoscan.ca/natural-negative-scan.html

I've played around with my scanner settings this morning but the maximum I can get is 1200dpi whereas the link above shows his software capable of up to 4000dpi.

I tried at 300,600, and 1200 and each scan it got better and better with more detail but i can't go any higher. I'm sure if you can you would solve your problem.

Yes the ol USB microscope is amazing, you can see all sorts of things close up and on the big screen, not expensive under £20 a few years ago. Also got a USB Endoscope which you can put under the floorboards to see where things are prior to lifting the boards, plus comes in handy checking in accesible parts on the bikes and cars!

A records office is likely to have a document scanner - the one in winchester certainly does (or did).

I don't know where you're based, but the county city is probably the best place to look for a records office.

OR

If you go to ebay and type in microfiche scanner there is a service there which can convert you fiches to CD, won't be free ok course!

Done my bit!

:luck:

I checked the vicinity and Manchester university has scanner facilities so I may try there. 6p a copy too :thumb:

better to save as a PDF though and have it on the PC.

my SCANNING Resolution is 2400x4800 dpi,so it may work.

thanks for all your help and I'll let you know what I do :)