Motocross style helmets

This post is 4257 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've just bought a motocross style helmet to match my bike. I've just tried it out after switching from a full face sports style. I wanted to change because I wanted a helmet that would match my bike, also I was sick of the visor steaming up all the time.

Straight away I noticed the wind catching under the peak and lifting my head. I also noticed the goggles I bought (ones that match the helmet) dig into me and are n't that comfortable. The helmet is the right size as well, so it's not too big or too small. I have place the goggles on the outside of the helmet, I'm sure thats the proper way.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Aye jordan " your nose is exposed too , i still have mine,, i"v just found these pictures from classic MX ,,on my Husqvarna CR430

HUSQ2.jpg

bikepics-1352092-320.jpg

Is that you on the Husqy Blakhat ?

Id love ta do something like that on a real course,,, all i ever done was fook about in the bog's (peat) at home.

2008, Sold the Husky, it was tall , and fast, , and a pig to start,

I use one of these:

063-2.jpg

Best of both worlds

• 2 months later...

Now I'm using an Airoh S4 (Italy), it works like an Enduro (little heavier), or race or like the Uvex shown above. The S4 is perfect when you want to eat butterflies in summer at 70 miles/hour... :hah:

http://www.airoh.com...s4/color#more-1

Now I'm using an Airoh S4 (Italy), it works like an Enduro (little heavier), or race or like the Uvex shown above. The S4 is perfect when you want to eat butterflies in summer at 70 miles/hour... :hah:

http://www.airoh.com...s4/color#more-1

Nice, I really like the style of those helmets. I have got used to my traditional moto-x one now though. I bought a mask that covers the lower half of my face, my mouth and nose and it's sorted all the problems out.

It was the rain that starting pissing me off with an mx lid, stings like f*ck

I ended up with a new helmet as i started doing more road work than green laning. A visor on the road is so much nicer.

I switched from a full face to my crosser and at first I didn't like it at all. It was uncomfortable and distracting, now i'm used to it and I love it. My new mirror lens goggles came today and they look ace. I just cant wear them at night. I think I will try one of those like yours when I have to replace mine.