XJ600n on last warning about oil leek

Matthew Duncan
This post is 4367 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

so yet again, my xj has decided that tis going to dump all its oil on the pavement underneath it.

its getting beyond a joke, im having to top it up every week pretty much.

I've taken the airbox out, cleaned it and put in a new filter, changed the oil filter, done several full oil changes and cleaned all the breather pipes and oil hoses and dinna kain what else to do.

Bike sits in the bike shed at work, and the security guards having a go at me saying the bike might have to be kept off site if it keeps leaking.

anyone got any more suggestions before i ram a bolt up the breather to block the Son of a btich.

Cheers,

Matthew

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

are the bores worn?

could be causing too much crank pressure forcing the oil out.

Also check the crank breather is not blocked

just seems to do it after i have ridden 60+ miles i have removed all the breather and cleaned them, replacing the ones that were cracked.

seems to be if i block the one at the bottom of the engine, it just comes out the other one and drips onto the engine . . making it very hard to ride when you surrounded by a dence cloud of thick smoke :L

think i will have to attatch a shampoo bottle at the end of it.

oil level has always been kept at the middle of the sight glass, and following the owners manual when doing full oil changes

Funnily enough Matthew I was goiing to suggest just that about the bottle, had the same thing on my AJS many moons ago and found that if I ran it into a bottle when out and about as soon as I parked it it filled itself back up again, worked right up till the crank pin broke and sent the flywheels through the casing. :crazy:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online