Alarm fitted!

Grouch
This post is 4372 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

My friend has just fitted a new alarm to my bike today. It cost me £30 off eBay and I love it. It's really sensitive and loud as hell. I swear knowing that there's an alarm on my bike now I can relax, the paranoia, stress, and anxiety I have suffered fretting over it getting stolen has really given me a hard time. Now it has just gone like a weight been lifted from my shoulders.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

How sensitive is really sensitive? If your neighbours cat jump on it would it go off?

Iv been tempted to get an alarm myself for the r6, its pretty cool that it comes with an immobiliser as standard.

Yeah it would definitely go off if a cat jumped on it. My mate just leaned on it and it went off. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/200379831192?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649#ht_2988wt_821

For £30 it's a bargain. Even the l.e.d. light is blue which matches my bike.

Have you looked to see if it will make your insurance any cheaper? Might be worth it.

If its on the list of Thatcham aproved alarms, then you should get a reduction in insurance.

Nice one Jordan, make it as hard as possible for the buggers to get at your bike, I fitted the talking one, well it swears actually, reminds you to arm and disarm it and locks the CDI if it goes off twice. Plus if it's in range you can shut the engine down (from about 200 mtrs) :jossun:

You should be able to adjust the sensitivity, if it's too touchy.

RTFM.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online