Yet another problem with the DT ! :(

Gozz
This post is 4343 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hello everybody :)

just the other day my DT125R developed a rather nasty habbit... it splutters, back fires and pops somin terrible through all gears, reaching a top speed of 45 compared to its origional 85! :'(

the power valve still workes but its only amplifies the issue, to me this sounded like a delivery issue so here is what i have tried so far,

carb float bowl and jets cleaned

powervalve cleaned

air filter cleaned

fuel lines examined

yet the bike remains to run like a complete bag of shite, iv had the bike for 4 months and have had endless problems but iv always managed to fix them but this one really has me stumped... it starts and runs fine if you ride at very low revs, i can tootle around at 35 in 6th with no problem but as soon as those revs gets up all hell breaks loose!

all i can really thing of is the carb needing adjusting or re-jetting maybe?

all advice will be very much appreciated!

Gozzzzz

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hmmmm i do not! but ill have a shop around, even if thats not the issue its always a good idea to have one spare :)

thanks man! ill see what i can find

Replaced the plug/cap recently?

Morning people! .. The bike is now completely unridable.. Its back firing cutting out n in again and slurtinf its tits off in the low rev range to now :| I change the plug/cap not long back, I think its gonna have to be a complete strip down...... Again haha, im still trying to get hold of a cdi unit but their fetching a few pennies arent they :-S

Cheers fellers!!

Have you fitted and after market exhaust or air filter? sounds like the same problem i had when i fitted straight through exhausts and ram filters on my draggy, she would not accelerate, popped banged and farted all the time. So i had to re-jet her with bigger main jets and diaphragm needles which solve the problem.

I think Dickwad had the same drama as well till he re-jetted

Morning people! .. The bike is now completely unridable.. Its back firing cutting out n in again and slurtinf its tits off in the low rev range to now :| I change the plug/cap not long back, I think its gonna have to be a complete strip down...... Again haha, im still trying to get hold of a cdi unit but their fetching a few pennies arent they :-S

Cheers fellers!!

and the flywheel key, which only cost pennies????????

Im gonna check the flywheel key next I think.. It actually makes sebse that it could me that... The bike came with an aftermarket exhaust and up untill now nearly 5 months later its been fine :-S im determined to sort this :-D

Cheers!!

It seams to be an issue with the powervalve.... Iv had the cap off and even on idle the things seams to be moving all the time, and when I rev it up it doesnt seam to be opening properly... Could this be the motor? Or maybe even the CDI as sugested... Could a build up of carbon/gunk cause this irritating set back?..

Cheers :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Well finaly got round to checking the flywheel, the key is fine and a replacement cdi has just been delivered so gonna test that after.....

Wish me luck haha

the problem came back!!!!! :'(

afer just 2 short days the spluttering came back and is getting worse! i dont understand, could it be the wiring loom? the new CDI did the trick for 2 days! now either hats fried too or its not the whole issue :/

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online