Headlamp wont work

Grim
This post is 4391 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi, My Mrs has got a XVS 125 with a problem. The main bulb will only work if she uses the pass switch. Ive changed the bulb, checked the fuses and sprayed WD40 on all the switch's and then tried it the next day. But it still wont work.

Anyone got any idea's what to check next ? Ant info would be appreciated.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Loose/broken connection or bad earth most likely.

I just got her the bike. Didn't even notice it wasn't working before we got it home. Its a nice clean lil 2001 model with only 2400 miles on the clock. I'm gonna take the switch's apart today... Shes been sitting for a while... i can see this by the rotten batch's on the tyres..

I have no idea why all this text has a under line ??????????

dont rush into pulling things apart, it maybe that you just dont know how to switch them on!

The fact the flash works may indicate bulb and earths are all ok

Perhaps the ignition key has to be in another posision to arm the lights...who knows...study the bike / owner book etc

Isn't there a main light switch on the RH switch assembly just above the start button you have to turn on first ?

Yep, there is. right over the starter button.

Oh come on guys... ive been riding for over 30 years... if i dont know the controls by now... i never will.. lol...

It was the hi/lo beam switch that was full of old spider nests and crud. Contact cleaner did the job...

Oh come on guys... ive been riding for over 30 years... if i dont know the controls by now... i never will.. lol...

and how were we to know that?

I find its usually best to start at the bottom...it's a new bike to you (thats why I asked), now if you had said..."suddenly my light dont work"....might have been a different answer

So has the bloke that mot's my bike and he still needs me to tell him how to turn on the lights on my DT cos he can never figure it out.

It has an on/ off switch on the bars AND an on/off setting on the ig sw. Go figure.......