Hi from a new member

This post is 4398 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Phil, welcome to the forum.

I haven't run an engine in for over thirty years but I'm sure whether it's a short or long journey wouldn't matter, the important thing is not to over rev the engine going through the gears.

As for how many miles that goes on for I'm not sure but no doubt someone will enlighten you.

Just be gentle with it for at least 500 miles.

Hope this helps until expertly advised

Mike

Hi Fantakkas,

Also running in a YBR125...The manual says:

first 90 miles - Don't go above 5,000 revs,Stop after every 1 hour of riding to let the engine cool for 5-10 mins and no full throttle.

90-300 miles - Avoid prolonged operation above 6,000 revs, rev engine freely through the gears but no full throttle

300-600 miles - Avoid prolonged operation above 7,500 revs, avoid prolonged full throttle use and more importantly at 600 miles needs engine oil replaced (after 600 miles - GO FOR IT!!)

Thanks guys. I picked up all my security stuff on the way back from work today, so will definitely be biking in from now on.

I read through the manual when I picked up the bike, and as tempting as it has been, I've managed not to stray too much from the guidelines.

My comute is a fair whack, so it won't be too long till the first service, and the bike's first opportunity for a proper breathe!

Thanks for the warm welcome