MOT failiure

dazole
This post is 4412 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Yip ,,its important,,,, how about the turn signal bulb " not orange enuff, :eusa_doh: , eh,, hows that for a fail..... :crazy:

well what a bunch of arse !!!! i went to the manager to complain and they said they would have normally put the pin in for me but they were just to busy! i looked around to see five members of staff with their hands in their pockets doing sweet FA.

i now have to wait for another week to re-mot.

Flitwick motorcycles bedfordshire you are a buch of p***s

no advisory is not a failure, I got 3 adivisories on my car for tyres getting close to limit, mind you i asked the tester to look at em before testing and fit new if neccesary

I kno it sucks " but i think they can"t pass every vehicle :shakeno: , [ 100% pass rate] , V.o.s.a . do enquire if thers unusual pass or fail figures,

And Vosa do put in officers to check on standards, i have a friend who was inspected. after complaints of failures,

has anyone ever had an MOT faliure due to missing a split pin on the rear wheel locking nut???

are they taking the piss or is it really that important?

I had a very similar experience with my car in the seventies, they failed it because a bulb wasn't working. When I asked why they couldn't have replaced it and charged me for the bulb, they said they didn't have time in the time allocated for an MOT. BUT, they had time to read my mums magazines (titbits and weekend) which I had bought on the way and put in the backseat. I know they had read them because of the oily fingermarks on them.

I never paid them for the MOT failure and never went back there again.

happened to me, was an easy oversight, automatic fail, advisories are down to the discretion of the tester ( one will advise another will fail ) i work in a test station and we've had cars come to us that have failed and theres been nowt wrong with them, just big companies looking to make money on repairs while advertising cheap mot's, :madflame:

I always think that MOT centres are there to make money on the after work and not the MOT test itself, so are they getting their money by failing and then getting the after work?

One MOT centre in Chippenham always seemed to fail cars on brakes. I think they worried a lot of motorists especially women into forking out hundreds of pounds in getting unnecessary work done.

Needless to say they are no longer operating.

My brother in law owns the garage that did my mot, Barry that works for him did the mot, I have known him longer than the brother in law, but i know they both are fair, if there was summat wrong it would not pass, because the brother in law picks up the car and takes it too work with him. so it sits there al day until he comes home again, and VOSA can walk in at anytime and pull it back in and check it , but VOSA are getting wise to this cheap MOT and unnecessary work scam , they ask if the garage does discount mot,s now