Mark Adams
This post is 4491 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all.

My name is Mark and i am 46 ,purchased a new YZF-R125 last year to get me back into the Biking World. (part of my mid-life crissis my other half thinks).Taking lessons for my test but in the mean time how can i make this bike go faster.Problem i got at the moment is car drivers seeing (L) plates and taking the pee.Top end ok but would like a little more grunt,Low gear ok can pull away in 1st,2nd,3rd quite rapid.Your all thinking Pass ya test and get a bigger bike.Any advice would be greatly recieved. Mark

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Mark and welcome to the club!

Id first start with changing front or rear sprokets either a few teeth less = more acceleration or add more teeth = more top end speed but less acceleration.

I will def go for the "pass ya test" option and just us those L plates as ammo to get you motivated. Im not clued up on these R125's so take my comments with a bit of salt but i "think" these 125s arn't that good to be tuned as they are a new bike and they may have a few ristrictors to stop you mucking about with them......(again thats a "i think")

If your still not happy with the speed but want a 125 that goes like stink, then its an Aprilia 125! those things do 100mph and dont hang around on the lights too long BUT the engines can blow quite quick.

Just get ye test done mate and all will be gravy baby!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online