need help fixing up dt 125

iom_yesser22
This post is 4484 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all i have got a Dt 125 and its lookin like a pure shed iv spent

Quite abit of money on it so far new seat cover radiator tyres etc

The plastics have been sprayed and brush painted what would

Be the best way to remove the paint and repaint and the swing arm

Is lookin abit tatty what's the best way to remove this and can I paint over it ?

Many thanks.... Nic

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Nic, welcome to the YOC, it MIGHT be an idea to introduce yourself FIRST in the "new member" section BEFORE asking questions, some of us like to know who we are talking to, so introduce yourself and tell us about yourself THEN ask your question again, some traders like to pretend that they are newbies and get free advice for problems they can't fix and we tend to get a bit grumpy about manners (well I do) . Welcome once again. :jossun:

Don't be too despondent Nic.

It's just that we get a lot of "One hit wonders"

They come on here to ask for a solution for their problem, hoping to get an answer and are never heard of again.

Iv'e noticed that has happened to a couple of "Girlie Bikers" lately.

As previously said, introduce yourself first then ask your problem in the appropiate section.

But don't treat this forum as a " Google search forum"

Believe it or not but we are biking community.

I wouldnt try to remove the paint myself, maybe get it back to smooth with wet/dry various grades then start again with primer and topcoat

Hi Paul. :huh: ?

One does opologise Nic, but I hadn't realiased that you had already posted in the intro section.

Welcome :bighug:

got tired of my moniker mike

........, I did think that your old one was more appropiate though :P

Hi Nic,

For plastics look here for perspiration inspiration LINKY 2 issues, use build up primer to cover any scratches and use the correct paint for plastics or it will come off like cornflakes.

For a swing arm, Airhead is right. Tthere is no need to take all the paint off. I did this once and it took forever and made so much mess that I got really P'eed off with it. What you need todo is degrease, smooth down paint especially where there are ridges caused where the paint has flaked off and then spray. PJ1 if you can get hold of it otherwise Hammerite smooth is good.

It's just that we get a lot of "One hit wonders"

They come on here to ask for a solution for their problem, hoping to get an answer and are never heard of again.

Iv'e noticed that has happened to a couple of "Girlie Bikers" lately.

hope you dont mean me!!! im still here... lurkin in the background, just avoiding any problems with Georges beast!!!!

big hugs babes.

xxx

hammerite spray is good...dont use brush on though as it is a c**t to get the desired finish,,,,,,id go with what was said on the earlier post,,,,,or use nitro mors paint remover,,,,,,,,,,done my whole dt with tht,,,works a treat,,,,and for stuborn bits of paint,,,,,a quick blast with the heat gun should sort it,,,,,,,not for too long though or you will end up with mishaped plastics lol

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online