Any new Cruiser 125s being made still?

Morpheuz
This post is 4504 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I've had bad luck with searching for good 125 cruisers, the 4 main japanese makes seem not to make them anymore, and the ones still about

are either high milage or rusted beyond belief, I've found brand new chinese bikes, but people always say they are crap, but at least you can start as you mean to go on.

I can buy a chinese bike brand new for a nice price, I can keep it greased up and try to avoid rain, I can break it in myself, change the oil as I like and keep it at good scratch.

I had a huoniao that lasted me, until I took my exhausts off for like the 10th time and ended up migrating some thread holes and bending some stuff by over tightening

I cant afford to restore a used japanese bike up to a near new standard.... I have a thing about buying things like a "pride and joy bike" brand new..

So this is why I wondered if any of you guys/gals know of any good make that still churns them off the factory line.

Thanks for the help in advance.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

It will take a bit of Googling and a bit of patience, but you can usually find most of the Big-4 Jap 125 Cruisers, in great condition with less than 15k clocked, for under £1,600. Try starting with the small, independant dealers. There was one round my way a few months ago with a Drag 125, 250 and a 650 all in great nick for decent prices.

Brand new, not so easy and people don't seem that interested in 125 Cruisers any more. I guess the Mfrs think the plentiful supply of good-nick 2nd handers is enough for now, or that they won't make enough money in teh current financial climate - We are still recovering to a great extent and further recession is still on the headline horizon.

He wouldnt have it, I had a long argument with him, he lied about loads of stuff, but I'd rather keep the bike now, I'm gunna bring it back to its prime and get it on the road.

Having had the Yammy XVS125 Dragstar and the Honda VT125 Shadow at the same time, I'd consider getting the Shadow if you're looking for a 2nd 125 cruiser. Whilst the Yammy looks better, the Shadow has more HP (and so pulls better on the hills) plus it has less chrome so is easier to keep clean.

You can even get a new one (pre-registered) from Padgetts motorcycles http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/200830315238620/sort/priceasc/usedbikes/cc-to/125cc/model/vt/make/honda/postcode/ls83dp/radius/60/page/1?logcode=p if you want to spend that kind of money...

I believe many of the 125 Cruisers stopped being made when the new EU emissions rules came in in 2009 (It happened with the 1300 Shadow too).

Alternatively if you want something to run about in the rain etc why not consider a different style of bike such as a YBR125 or a Suzuki Van Van 125 and keep your XVS for when the weather's nice? I rode a Van Van for a while last winter and it was fine.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online