hi form stockport

tiko
This post is 4557 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

hi guys

im damian from stockport just recently bought my self a nice little project its a xs250 which i paid 100 quid for off the bay

she has been dry stored for four years and when purchesed the engine was seized, which i glad that the engine now starts first kick,,,,,

pictures can be found on the ebay link http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/270842274915?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

so as you can see needs a bit of work and any help or advice is greatly apriciated as this is my first project

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

hey, damian. not too far from you, so if you get really stuck I can help.

I know the Xs's really well. looks like a lot of work there.

Are you making into a cafe racer?

hey, damian. not too far from you, so if you get really stuck I can help.

I know the Xs's really well. looks like a lot of work there.

Are you making into a cafe racer?

hi drewpy

i will be restoring it to the way she would have been made, although i am looking for a place to do my chroming for me plus needs new lock set and seat

very rusty in places but she does start and run,

Hi, and welcome to the forum Tiko, looking forward to see it all come together in the project section

hi drewpy

i will be restoring it to the way she would have been made, although i am looking for a place to do my chroming for me plus needs new lock set and seat

very rusty in places but she does start and run,

Greetings Damian :welcome:

For chroming I can recommend

Leigh Metal Polishing Services

Unit 9 Swinton Hall lnd Est

Pendlebury R d

Swinton

Manchester M27 4AJ

Telephone 0161 728 4325

I never had anything chromed there but had some poor chrome removed and polished for re-plating, but i saw their work it was absolutely first class...they wont be cheap though. i had a bad experience somewhere else local so thats why I recommend them. Best bet is to have a ride/drive down there and see their work and talk about prices

I never had anything chromed there but had some poor chrome removed and polished for re-plating, but i saw their work it was absolutely first class...they wont be cheap though. i had a bad experience somewhere else local so thats why I recommend them. Best bet is to have a ride/drive down there and see their work and talk about prices

cheers i might just do that :)

always best to visit the chromers, although I had chrome restoration services in brum do a down pipe that was pretty rough. they charged me £60 about 6 years ago and was pefect (still is)

hope you have lots of patience and money, that project gonna cost.

mine was over £2k 7 years ago!!

always best to visit the chromers, although I had chrome restoration services in brum do a down pipe that was pretty rough. they charged me £60 about 6 years ago and was pefect (still is)

hope you have lots of patience and money, that project gonna cost.

mine was over £2k 7 years ago!!

im still in two minds weather to rechrome or replace

im still in two minds weather to rechrome or replace

might not have a choice! some parts are not available

Wellcome to the YOC , Damian.

:welcome:

thanks for all your welcomes,,,,, managed to get few chromed bits of the bay so that will save some £'s :) which is all good

will also put in subscriptonfor the site on thursday when i gets some moneys too

Hello & welcome. :colors:

My wife had the same bike back in the late 80's.

I got pulled up by the Police on the M62 on my way back from Manchester,(I'd borrowed it.)

The reason they gave me was "It doesn't look like your bike,you look wrong on it, it doesn't seem big enough for you !"

A guy near Stirling recently offered me a couple of XS's in boxes,(incomplete) But ain't convinced the wife that they are a good idea.

I've had peeps offereing me bikes, but nothing happens. got no room now anyway (except for wire 250 hubs, always want those)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online