ethanol gloop

FZR AL
This post is 4599 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys ,

My bike has not been running fantastic over the last couple of weeks so decided to pull the carbs , full off gloopy varnish, then I decided to pull the petrol tap, I had drained off the remaining fuel then all this came out

click on image

th_200920110271.jpg[/.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

dont think u are ment to put veg oil in there ..........but thats bad ...... do u know for sure what it is?

Easy diagnosis. Electoplasm. The bike is possessed. You need to call

normal_Ghostbusters.jpeg

I would guess the additives stop the old type "varnish" forming but this muck isn't any better.

IMHO I think it was lined.

The new stuff is ethanol proof, but only just!

sorry guys I have been working away for a couple of weeks so not had time to reply, yep it has a ethanol proof lining well suppossed to be the last lot of petrol I put in was some shell super unleaded, I can oly think of two things

1, the super unleaded has a higher octane level, and its reacting with the por 15 lining or as it more ethenol

2, the fuel at the petrol station as been cross contaminated in the tanks , and with the cost of the petrol and people not buying super unleaded it as sat in there tanks for a while

3 the super unleaded fuel in their tanks was low , and I have filled up using all their dregs

ethanol absorbs/ pulls moisture from the air , it then reacts with the petrol then sinks to the bottom of the tank , I have bought some stabiliser and will brim the tank or drain whats left from now on before putting it away for the year

just dont leave any tanks half empty / full

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online