Passed My DAS Test!

AndyDtr08
This post is 4645 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

So I've finally got round to taking my test. I did a 3 day intensive course wed-friday. First day consisted of getting on this hunk of shit Kawasaki ER-6n, riding around a playground twice and then out on the road. Local riding first day, second day we went up to burgess hill and rode around the roads around the test centre, third day was the test. Was absolutely pooing my pants. Sailed through mod 1 without a minor. Picked up 3 minors on the road ride (mod 2). All three for being cautious. I stopped at two roundabouts that i didnt "need" to, and didnt go past a 4x4 that had stopped at lights straddling the two lanes. All things I would have not done if i were riding myself but thought id be cautious for the test. The three days including test cos 495, optional incurance for the bike was 15 a day and then petrol for the bike each day. An expensive few days but well worth it! Now i'm on the look out for a nice RD350LC YPVS FII!

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

So I've finally got round to taking my test. I did a 3 day intensive course wed-friday. First day consisted of getting on this hunk of shit Kawasaki ER-6n, riding around a playground twice and then out on the road. Local riding first day, second day we went up to burgess hill and rode around the roads around the test centre, third day was the test. Was absolutely pooing my pants. Sailed through mod 1 without a minor. Picked up 3 minors on the road ride (mod 2). All three for being cautious. I stopped at two roundabouts that i didnt "need" to, and didnt go past a 4x4 that had stopped at lights straddling the two lanes. All things I would have not done if i were riding myself but thought id be cautious for the test. The three days including test cos 495, optional incurance for the bike was 15 a day and then petrol for the bike each day. An expensive few days but well worth it! Now i'm on the look out for a nice RD350LC YPVS FII!

Congrats Andy, well done mate :eusa_clap:

Have you got a death wish? But great fun if you stay alive long enough to enjoy!

I've got a 1993 RD350R YPVS black, in almost mint condition, powder coated alloys, mature owner so perfectly maintained (both of us) 14K 2 pre. owners - mad motor - hold on tight or go out the back door!

Probably too expensive to destroy though - I've already had 2 locals ask me to give them 1st option at £2500 because of the exceptional condition - but if interested try and tempt me.

Have you got a death wish? But great fun if you stay alive long enough to enjoy!

I've got a 1993 RD350R YPVS black, in almost mint condition, powder coated alloys, mature owner so perfectly maintained (both of us) 14K 2 pre. owners - mad motor - hold on tight or go out the back door!

Probably too expensive to destroy though - I've already had 2 locals ask me to give them 1st option at £2500 because of the exceptional condition - but if interested try and tempt me.

Thanks for the offer but I'm after a YPVS F2 in red and white. Also won't be looking to spend that much on one i doubt. Will probably be getting one that i can do a bit of work on myself. I'm watching a few on ebay. One that i want to bid on ends tomorrow so is a bit soon and wouldnt be able to view before hand. It's on around 1000 atm. A few others i like between 1500 and 2000.

Thanks for the offer but I'm after a YPVS F2 in red and white. Also won't be looking to spend that much on one i doubt. Will probably be getting one that i can do a bit of work on myself. I'm watching a few on ebay. One that i want to bid on ends tomorrow so is a bit soon and wouldnt be able to view before hand. It's on around 1000 atm. A few others i like between 1500 and 2000.

Good luck Andy, hope you find a good one, but take care, they can outdo a lot of 900s on accelleration & bendy terrain, especially in the 7000-10000rpm band. I had one back in the mid 80s, black & red, fabulous. I also know someone who used to race them & he bears me out on my statement about the 900s, so please take it steady for a while, they're not for the inexperienced, although you should find them, if original spec. & well maintained, very well balanced & predictable.