Question from newbie

This post is 4672 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all!

Just picked-up an N-reg YZF750R, looking forward to using her properly... however, one niggle... the front brakes have no 'feel', no 'bite'... they work, but I don't like how they feel. The bike has had recent brakes front and rear (the rear feels fine, it's the front brakes I'm not happy with) and was MOT'd with no advisories just before I picked her up. I reckon it's the pads that have been used (no idea what make they are), maybe they just need bedded in... anyway, could anyone advise if this is 'normal' on YZF's? Or what make / type of front pads would be a good choice to get bite and feel?

Thanks all,

Gary

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome gazz" nice the 750"s , thers a picture on the front cover of Practical Sportsbike mag this month, gorgeous :rolleyes:

Have you tried bleeding them and building the pressure up a bit?

Sorry for not responding sooner... couldn't sign-in for some reason... tried many times and failed, so eventually gave up and re-registered! :(

Thanks for the greetings.

Sorry I posted in the wrong place, will put a new post in the correct place!

Ttaskmaster, the brakes are firm enough and seem to work (though not the best), they're just 'wooden' you know, no feel... with my other bikes I could feel the brakes bite then the bike slow down, with my YZF there's no bite, no feeling except the bike slowing down... I feel detached, it's kinda surreal! I think I need to change the pads, maybe the material is too hard, cheap pads maybe... I'll certainly bleed them at the same time. Thanks.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online