My Bobber project

Noise
This post is 3580 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Yer i see how you guys mean now that it needs to be more down the tank, BUT to me that now looks like a gothic McDonolds M :biglaugha:

I'll figure some thing out tho. Thanks for doing that for me feliks

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

well goth m looks better IMO,I think I would pull the 3 points more together and stop the outer 2 shorter.possibly keeping it going to the sides progressively shortening each point.But keeping with what felix did smooth rounded/curved edges progressivly comming to a point.

Not to make fun of your paint job now but it reminds me of a helmet from cartoon my son watched :eusa_think: dont remember the name and felix's rendering reminds me a bit of a spy vs spy charter.

Did you grab some vinyl pin tape? All the renderings are nice to look at but if you cant lay it down in tape then you cant paint it,if you got the pin tape you'll find something you like.

I also like the way felix darkend the colour towards the end point changing the darkness of the base coat will give that effect.

Only a small up date but it's still a step closer to getting back on the road. My micro black Speedo turned up today abd e obviously I had to go and fit it.

DSC_0544_zpsvuuoti4r.jpg

DSC_0545_zpst2ybnith.jpg

DSC_0546_zpstwtar03n.jpg

Much to the enjoyment of the wife ha ha

DSC_0548_zpsg7wjiwiv.jpg

DSC_0549_zpsjzzlxenh.jpg

I'm not happy with the paint work on the Tank so now I've stripped it back and going basic with a twist that I will show you once it's done. Where I've made betty a bobber she has very little on her so I've decided that the paint needs to be basic too.

Only place it fitted mate, also if someone spots me looking at my gentlemans sausage i can just say i was just checking to see how fast i was going :eusa_whistle:

Also it wouldn't go on my handle bars as im just waiting on my custom made warning light indicator to turn up from Bejing which is going on the bars between the risers so thats was really the only visible place i could put it. I think it looks rather smart there tho but thats most likely because i have a twisted way of seeing things :eusa_shifty:

I like it mate! What tank is that? I'm thinking of going slightly bobber!

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

That is a Harley Davidson sporty tank mate, bit of a pain in the ass to fit and there are better ways to fit it than I have but if you buy a brand new one like I did you also need to buy a Fuel cap, Fuel tap and kreem to seal it, grand total just for the Tank is about £180 ish. Then you got paint to add on ha ha.

Thought it might have been or a xv950 one. Good to know not really a bad price.

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk

New item arrived from Beijing today :) 5 leds for indicators, high beam, engine warning light and neutral light.

DSC_0556_zpsqgkbbehh.jpg

Plugged it in to take some pics and it's that bright my camera couldn't take a good picture as its crap ha ha.

So in total the handle bars have set me back £250!

Just noticed you have 35k views should have started a tube thread ya might be getting some cash if ya did.

Just noticed you have 35k views should have started a tube thread ya might be getting some cash if ya did.

A tube thread?? What's one of them ha ha. Im still being tought how to use my mobile by my 2 year old.

Must say thank you to all the guys and gals that have viewed it even if it is just to laugh at it. But a £ per view would be nice Alex wink wink.

I hear you about the phone thing every day I find new things it does ,,3 months and still learning,,my fault for falling behind though amazing what a small box can do. For 20 bucks I bought a code reader that runs on bluetooth so I can pull codes and get real time data from the puter for my truck.Honestly it works just as good as the 3k scanner I have.It's a more accurate speedo than the one you put on the bike and give you directions, call CAA, all the crap you can do with a phone ect..

My next build I will just use a phone for a gps/ speedo in a plastic case more or less need one anyway so why bother with both and at http://www.everbuying.com/Wholesale-Cell-Phones-b-22.html you can get 1 for under 70 bucks so no big loss if it gets broken .Most phones use a 12v or less charge so easy to fit..I havent looked yet ,,but I bet there is a app for a tack too. Oil light and netural who cares,signals are easy to see flashing,if you see the oil light it's too late any way the dammage has been done. I would rather a pressuer gauge to watch anyway,and when you cant find netural without a light you know what I am sayin..

I would have mentioned it earlier but I didn't know you were planing so many changes

Yer it is amazing what a small box can do, but i think that the world is getting far to smart for its own good ha ha. (Terminator springs to mind :eusa_whistle: )

Yer i had even bigger plans for her at one point, i was going to get a one off frame built for it bit like the Detroit Brothers style frame but the bloke i was talking too soon stiched me up and he lost out on 1200 notes. im nearly there now with the build, just need front tyre, indicators, number plate bracket and then just a case of re-painting the tank and mud gaurds and tax and MOT her. Just the money pond has run dry and the bills are more important than buying bike parts so the wife says.

Oh and I supose she thinks she need's to eat 3x a day too,kid needs shoes,ya have to heat the house HUMPH some people have no priorityes HAHAHA your close and you are just about on track for you finnish date.You soon will be reunited with the pleasure she give's you LMAO

Have you ever seen a bike without paint just clear the mettal,looks cool to me and along the line of minum betty is.

Yer I've seen the bare metal finish (or un finished) look and I doagree that it will be a smashing look for betty but both front and rear mud guards are plastic so can't get that bare metal finish. Or I could just paint them black and have bare metal Tank with black pin stripe??????

Hmmm, well it's either that or metallic white Tank and mud guards with black pin stripes.

Yer I've seen the bare metal finish (or un finished) look and I doagree that it will be a smashing look for betty but both front and rear mud guards are plastic so can't get that bare metal finish. Or I could just paint them black and have bare metal Tank with black pin stripe??????

Hmmm, well it's either that or metallic white Tank and mud guards with black pin stripes.

Ooh, both sound good Noise! I think either of them would work well with your bike. If you want a more 'completed' look then perhaps white all over with black pin stripes. But I am intrigued by the bare metal tank.

Yer thats it neversaydie, thats a cracking looking bike! :eusa_doh::biglaugha:

She was far too white back then and really needed to be blacked out a bit..........well maybe a lot. I do like white but not that much white which is the reason for just doing the three parts.

Well i definatly know what im doing now and will get some pics up once its done, Mr Pots back in his shed time :hyper: