My Bobber project

Noise
This post is 3580 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Sounds better in real life lol. Think the Mic on my phone is crap! Lol

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Na its not going to be ready for some months yet, the engine was the first massive hurdle, still got many more to jump yet ha ha.

Thats got to make you feel great,knowing that the motor is ready.

I see you have the start wires removed from the housing ,does this give me a clue that the start button is getting relocated?

The start button was relocated behind the seat and it will soon be relocated again to another location which only i shall know about just so that i know Chav-Matic-Omarly cant nick it so easy.

Im over the moon with it as ive no mechanics education bar ripping my toys aparts and re building them as a kid and all done with next to piss all tools and a Haynes book. was sort of expecting smashed tappets or oil pissing every where but nope.........runs perfect (till its on the road.

Cant wait to see if the port and polish has done her any good, may have to re-jet her again tho but will find that out on the test ride next year.

Well just got a phone call back from Talon and they have quoted me £260 to have both my wheels re built with stainless spokes and once I hand them in I can have them back within a week. Jobs a gooden.

Only thing now tho is that I can't think of what color to do the rims and hubs????

Only thing now tho is that I can't think of what color to do the rims and hubs????

Does your wife dye her hair any other colour?!! ;-)

Ha ha, well I've been trying to get her to dye it red but she said no. But think that's a good thing as doubt red wheels will look crap.

Get out.

What about oxide red for the powder coat and then give them the treatment of black like the eng,

I don`t know how it would stand up I just found out about this myself but hydrodiped carbon fiber would look cool

Forgot about hydro dipping, got a chap on my japanese car forum that does hydro dipping.

Just e mailed a company about hydro dipping my rims and hubs and I've picked out my pattern I want and hopefully will have them done as a late Christmas present.

Cheers dt for the brain jog

Well ive sent out a few e-mails to some companies and to my mate from my other forum bout hydro dipping my rims and hubs, seems like the rims will be quite hard to do and my mate seams to thing he needs to do it in halves meaning i will have a join line and the patterns wont match up.

Little video of hydro dipping

Strang they can't do it in 1 dip I'v seen may different shapes done,swiriling gets both side of a dash in some of the other vidieos,I seen a bicycle frame done in cammo 1 dip maybe it depends more on the pattern.I don't know that much about it yet i'm looking into getting a set up dosen't look that hard to do.

How much did they quote you?

Still waiting on a quote :( hopefully not stupid amounts as I've still gotta post then too.

Well finally finished fitting the fuel tank last night, the first set of brackets i welded on where in such a place that once the engine and carbs where in you couldn't get the bolts in to fix the tank to the frame. So whilst digging in through the tool box i was given for a tool i came across two strange bolts that had a sleeved domed top with a hole through the top, which gave me an idea........................

DSC_0325_zps252c46b9.jpg

DSC_0323_zpsb9effddf.jpg

DSC_0326_zpsa68c7a8c.jpg

DSC_0328_zps683abcc5.jpg

They will either have a P pin through them for speedy removel for carb servicing or what not, or ill stick some small pad locks on them so Mr chav don't come along and take my fuel tank away.

Still.......................ONTO THE NEXT JOB

Those bolts look like bonnet pins, used to have them on my old Triumph GT6 when I used to do classic car racing.

Thats the badgers, well as they say, one mans junk is anothers gold. just need to clean up my god awfal welds :eusa_shifty:

Quick release fuel tank brilliant!! for when you run out of fuel, just undo the pins and take the tank to the petrol does your fuel tap have an off position ?

you could weld a handle on top of the tank hehehe :idea: