geting my bike licence

anthony125
This post is 4641 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

here are some pic

Nice bike that.B)

I see you have one of them flip over bike cover thingys,,,,,,,,,What do ya think of them ?

Well i finally past Mod 2

I am now on the hunt for some storage for my thundercat

I want a rear rack with box and a tank bag if anyone got anything going

Well done! Nice bike to be jumping onto to start with. NOw the fun begins but as the old cop show states, "let's be careful out there..."

I remember how the rules were different in my day. I turned 16 in 1989 and was just able to jump onto a 50cc no questions asked. I passed my car test a year later and I was legally allowed to take my L plates off my 50cc as obviously passing my car test made me a perfect bike rider!!! Bought a DT 125 at 17 and had to put the L plates back on. Wanted to take my bike test but the whole CBT thing had come into play so first of all I had to ride around some road cones in a school playground with some others whose first day on the road it was! Everybody passed that of course.

Part two was more interesting as the damned ear piece kept cutting out and I couldn't hear a word the examiner was saying. In the end he asked me to do a U turn and an emergency stop (it was raining so my bum cheeks were grabbing the seat for fear of skidding) and nothing else as he said that every time he'd given me a command and I couldn't hear him, I pulled over safely and in a safe place to ask him what he'd said. Maybe thats a tip for new riders, pretend you're ear piece isn't working!!! (not recommended!!)

It doesn't feel that long ago to me as I refuse to grow old but I remember shortly after all those damned cc and bhp restrictions came into force so I felt pity for eveyone a coupld of years younger than me. It always seemed like a mine field that you could ride this but no that, you can have that but you must derestrict it etc.

Thank god then for the old days. (Sounding like my Dad now) Mind you, if memory serves me correct, when my Dad was young, I think they could pretty much ride anything as long as you had L plates on. Makes you wonder what will happen to the next gen of riders.....

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online