geting my bike licence

anthony125
This post is 4642 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like yesterday, I actually passed my test in 2008. Im gettting old :)

Oh don't! It reminds me I'm getting really old (passed my test in 1983)

The governments first attempt at a two part test. As I remember it was very similar to todays, except on part 2 the bloke just watched from a vantage point whilst I when off down the road, not following on a bike as they do now.

Oh don't! It reminds me I'm getting really old (passed my test in 1983)

The reason why i said i was "getting old" coz i mentioned the wrong year of passing my test hahaha.peace :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thats 3 more 'sleeps' Anthony :blink:

best of luck m8, sit up proud, use your stomach and back muscles to 'lighten' your grip on the bars, imagine your riding over slippy cobbles when doing the slow maneouvres, and tell us how you got on-good or bad ;)

Thats 3 more 'sleeps' Anthony :blink:

best of luck m8, sit up proud, use your stomach and back muscles to 'lighten' your grip on the bars, imagine your riding over slippy cobbles when doing the slow maneouvres, and tell us how you got on-good or bad ;)

thanks i think i will go for a ride where i am doing my mod 2 just to get to no the place

I have done my mod 1 and passed phew.

Mod 2 booked for the 1st so having a day of training on the sunday and straight in for it on the monday.

MOTing my thundercat this week and then hoping to ride it from the garage back home on the monday IF and a big IF i pass the mod 2

All in all its cost me 830 pound to get my licence from start to finish

Just one tip for the mod 1

After you done the figure of 8 and he asked you to turn the bike around dont under any circumstances put your foot down, i didnt no and nore did my instructor. If he asked you to turn the bike around to face the other way use as much space as you can or you can even get off the bike and turn it around manually and they wont fail you well thats what the examiner who took me said.

The guy i done it with took his mod 1 before me and stuck his boot down when the examiner asked his to turn the bike and FAILED him

The guy threaten to smash the examiner around his head for failing him cause he reckoned it wasnt part of the test.

But like the guys who done the mod1 and 2 tips section you are always on test from the time you sit on the bike.

:D ok update sorry for the long delay but i have been out all day looking at bikes

and yes i passed looking at a kawasaki er650 with the 33bh kit on it :DB)

well done man

i,m a little while away from mine and just about to start with lessons this weekend

but good on you

Dave

well done mate good on ya!

Great bike too!

Hope you have many long a safe years of riding!

Keith

:D ok update sorry for the long delay but i have been out all day looking at bikes

and yes i passed looking at a kawasaki er650 with the 33bh kit on it :DB)

Well done fella, take your time shopping around, enjoy yourself :)

Well done Anthony-take it easy fella-for the first 300 miles ;)

Well done all you young lads " great to see young bikers coming thru the ranks " B)

And leatherat " This has to be the best Infomative post on the forum ,,, Well done ;)

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online