New rider saying hello

beeky
This post is 4742 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi all,

Passed my CBT a couple of weeks ago and got myself a YBR-125 Custom. A few mates were saying I should have something sportier but I'm going to be going fairly slow no matter what I got, so thought I'd go for something which says "I don't care I'm only doing 50!"

Also, the fact that I've just turned 40 and getting a bike is purely coincidental and in no way reflects an impending mid life crisis. Honest. Now, anyone know a good tattoo artist in Wiltshire?

Graham

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Welcome to the humble forum Beeky...

Nothing wrong with a wee 125. I'm confused though as to why your mates think you should have something sportier? Stick with what makes you comfy and safe! I did both my CBT and my test on a YBR 125 and I have to admit they were quite fun.

As for being 40... when you meet a guy at the Green Welly in the highlands of Scotland who at 60 is riding a 1000cc Honda CBR the last thing I was thinking was crisis more fair play!

Plenty of 60+ riders out there on R1s, too!!

I only have two words for anyone who tells me what they think I should be riding. One of these words is very rude!!

Rule 1 - Always ride for yourself. That's kit, lid, choice of bike, choice of route and the way you ride. You go for what suits you.

If they know better than you then THEY can go buy you what they think you should have. Job done!!

There's always someone faster, smarter, tougher, harder, cooler, richer, stupider and deader that you. Ride your own ride and enjoy it!!

Welcome to the forum!!

I know of a good tattooist in Reading and another in Watford.

Hi and welcome to the 'ward' Beeky :huh: , nice intro m8 ;)

have fun with the bike and like Ttasky says do your own thing :)

Hi all,

Passed my CBT a couple of weeks ago and got myself a YBR-125 Custom. A few mates were saying I should have something sportier but I'm going to be going fairly slow no matter what I got, so thought I'd go for something which says "I don't care I'm only doing 50!"

Also, the fact that I've just turned 40 and getting a bike is purely coincidental and in no way reflects an impending mid life crisis. Honest. Now, anyone know a good tattoo artist in Wiltshire?

Graham

:lol::lol:

Greetings captain beeky...or is it captain slow :rolleyes:

Dont forget the piercings too mate. B)

:welcome:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online