Hello

FazerBob
This post is 7127 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hello

Just thought I would introduce myslef. My name is Rob and I live in the West Midlands. I passed my DAS early september after spending a year on a 125.

I have owned a 2000 W reg Fazer 600 for about 6 weeks now and stumbled across this website.

Look forward to speaking to you all

Rob :wink:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Ahh, hello.

Pull up a chair but you have to buy all the regulars a pint of beer and a packet of wheat crunchies first.

West Mids ? Hmm, battle hardend then ?

Velcomme !

:wink: :lol::lol: Hi Rob I'm new too, also from midlands originally. There are a load of nutters on here, but it is the best site I have seen in a long time, and on the plus side they give some good advice from what I have read.

Bob can I just say what fantastic taste you have with bikes. Nice to see proper fazers on the road not this nasty new eurofazer. Have you read MCN this week? The old vs. new debate still continues.

What colour is it? Obviously you know that silver is the fastes colour.

Ah black, I believe that's also the second fastest colour so you're not doing too bad.

This is my little beauty up at Hartside cafe with some friends. I take it yours is like the second from the left which I think is something like a W reg.

normal_Fazers%20at%20Hartside%20Cafe.JPG

Well beezneez as long as you don't go for the new eurofazer you can't go wrong really. I think there are quite a few 6's and thou's for sale on foc-u at the moment so you can get a pretty good bargin

Gold Fazer 600 99 model.tested and taxed till September 05 £1700 ono

03 600 fazer in blue 5k miles need 2 get 3k for it

1999 Fazer 600 with updated upper fairing 2400 ono

02 52reg black 1000 model offers over £4000

Go on you know you want to. What are you deciding between?

Well beezneez as long as you don't go for the new eurofazer you can't go wrong really. I think there are quite a few 6's and thou's for sale on foc-u at the moment so you can get a pretty good bargin

Gold Fazer 600 99 model.tested and taxed till September 05 £1700 ono

03 600 fazer in blue 5k miles need 2 get 3k for it  

1999 Fazer 600 with updated upper fairing 2400 ono  

02 52reg black 1000 model offers over £4000

Go on you know you want to. What are you deciding between?

thundercat / zx636 / thunderace and now fazer6/1

So quite a mixture then. I did like the ZX6 that I tried, but I'm just not so keen on the bracketry around the screen, is that still there on the 636? Don't go for anything green though, there is no excuse for having a snot green bike. I'd prefer flat bars on it too, but that's because I'm used to the fazer so anything else feels uncomfortable. If I was going for a second bike then this might be top of my sportier list.

Both the thundercat and race and fazers are cracking bikes. Depends how far you want to travel and if you can put up with that riding position. The fazer thou can be just as flickable as the 6, I know some riders who argue that with their weight behind it they can throw them around just as well as the 6. It's also got loads of torque and enough power to keep anyone happy. Then there's sportier still in the thundercat. Decisions Decision. I'm blatently biaised as I love my fazer and think everyone should get them.

Now really is the time to be buying though and you should be able to get a pretty good deal. Isn't bike shopping fun.

Gotta agree with ya there Fazer6.......now is thee time to go bike shopping! 8)

I scour the local classifieds, religously every week :wink: .....Now if only I had an extra paycheck or 2 to spend on one of the decent finds that keep popping up lately......but no Fazer6's as of yet, but who know's?.......I might just end up riding one by next July, when I go see the GP @ Laguna 8)

It's interesting how Boats & Bikes go for cheap this time of year.......but then their prices soar in a few months. :?

Must have been a really crappy weather when that photo was took up at Hartside, cos on a sunny day the car park is bustin wi bikes.

Car park backwards is krap rac, sounds like a German toilet...

Oh and welcome rob... :bag

Yeah it was a pretty bad day. The cloudbase was quite low and visibility down to a few metres in the morning. By about 12 or 1 it had lifted to the white farm building by the side of the road just before the top, and then in the afternoon it was superb. Most of the bikes were parked to the left of the cafe because of the wind. The carpark did fill up once the fog had lifted though, fairweather riders.

Oh and it was the first day we'd seen curried soup on the menu so that's a sign the weather's starting to go bad.