Been Busy!!

LiamDTR
This post is 4813 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey folks!!

Took a few weeks out and have been working my backside off to fund the bike etc. Picked up a new frame with V5 even has an old MOT certificate and original datatag paperwork from 1999 :P anyway, Still frame issues but went ahead with that purchase as it was the right price and a fair old bit of paperwork with it. Unfortunately someone had a stamping issue with that frame too... (seems I'm prone to these!). But this one has all of the stuff to make me believe it!! Vin was stamped in reverse order and the intial letters (which are now on the right hand side of the number...lol) are actually backwards... weird but w/e. Anyway will be calling up Yam on monday to get some details from them etc and info if I can get a vin plate done for the bike or something along those lines, No idea what so ever but was worth a shot!!!

Anyhoooo the Portuguese based company HPires sent my new rear fender through etc. 3 days from Portugal it took longer for my other halfs gator for her gear shift to come through! but.. looks insanely cool and has lifted the look of the bike :)

hpiresfender.jpg

hpiresrear2.jpg

Let me know what you think!

Liam

Ps. If you hadn't guessed, I wasn't kidding by working lots! I've had so little time to get on with it all

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hey Liam

Your bike is looking good! What else are you going to do and when do you think you'll get it on the road?

I'm envious of you Brit's...you guys can ride most of the year. Here we are limited to 6 months due to either snow or cold weather :( ....last night it was -32.5C with a high this afternoon of -15C....to damn cold to ride, eh! The long ange weather forcast indicates that the temp will make it above freezing aroundd the first of March...Cann't wait!

Keep us posted on what you're doing.

Rocky

Looks good liam ," Daytime Mot., i take it ,, :rolleyes: , you gonna tidy it up ?

& Rocky , shit weather hear too ,, up north. be middle of march b4 we surface on bikes,,,, :(

I am in the process of tidying it up Blackhat, It's just taking its time with work being in the way right now :) It'll be having the daytime MOT initially yes, but I'm going to phone up Yamaha tomorrow when I return home with the engine number to find out what year the engine is as I have a full wiring loom but it obviously needs to be the correct year :P

The weather doesn't really bother me so much, I'm used to riding in all types of weather but I am looking forward to the sun!! Also I want the wiring and such sorted first as I really don't fancy not having a top grade alarm fitted and also not a fan of not being able to have sidelights on in the day!! Helps to be seen, so within two weeks of it being on the road and such I'll have all that dealt with :)