off roading my dt125x

andydt
This post is 3838 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I have a DT125x 06 with supermoto wheels, and would like to do a bit of off roading but it is fitted with a brembo caliper and the disc on the front wheel is alot bigger that the disc on the off road wheel, so the caliper does not reach the disc. what is the easiest way of resolving this problem.

any help would be grateful.

Andy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi I have a DT125x 06 with supermoto wheels, and would like to do a bit of off roading but it is fitted with a brembo caliper and the disc on the front wheel is alot bigger that the disc on the off road wheel, so the caliper does not reach the disc. what is the easiest way of resolving this problem.

any help would be grateful.

Andy

andy

you will probably have to change the forks,other way and probably more expensive would be to get a conversion plate made to match caliper to disc.

No i think it really is a fork change as well as the wheel

I'll put this up, nobody ever seems to take the offer though, and it has been in the forsale section a couple of times. This will be the third time i've been down the 'spare stuff for off road.....' route.

I have yolks, forks, disk, caliper, master cyl, wheel for a dtr 125. I want it gone but don't want to throw it away, sacrilidge if you like. It isn't mint but was good enough to pass MOT's. It used to live on my DT for greenlane work but that is now back to stock.

If you want it shout i'm not after a lot just can't bring myself to throw it away.

I couldn't understand why you'd have to change the forks, then I read the specs for the DT125x :o . 60mm fork travel. What were yamaha thinking?

Andy, you'll probably want a longer travel rear end as well, to even things up. This might just be a shock change, may be linkage as well, or even a new backend. Have a look @ the off road version, compare parts & where they locate on the frame. It might not be possible to swap.

Good luck

Rick

ill swap my offroad set up for your supermoto set up? can arrange some sort of deal?

and can swap all the parts over for you if you like.

• 2 years later...
  • Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online