Tenere in The Americas

winklepie
This post is 4833 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

great adventure, reminds me of a talking heads song......

Awesome adventure! I think I remember you posting here when the Tenere broke down in BC...? I remember thinking about what an amazing trip it would be to do some sort of cross continent / country tour. Wish I could have been in your shoes!

Indeed i was posting when it broke down. I was stuck at a friends in Calgary. They dont make the XT in North America so it was a pain getting part numbers etc. After i downloaded a wiring diagram and got hold of a multi meter i traced the fault to a dead rectifier. I crossed referenced it and it was the same as an R1 which they do have in N.A but it still would have taken a week to get one from Europe and after nearly a week of mincing around i had had enough and came home. The bike is still over there and i plan to go back in a couple of months and resume the adventure.

10Bcolumbia.jpg Broken XT in BC

Finally, another decent bike on the forum....

Did you ever see so many Ten's in one spot ?

Lakes10-012.JPG