Torque Wrench

David Baker
This post is 4849 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

KAMASA socket set, 30 years ago,,:D .

me and you have so much in common. :) .

i bought one about the same time, still got it.

Cost me a week's wages back then, but proved well worth it:

Battered and rusty lid

100_1955Large.jpg

But shiny and lovely within:

100_1952Large.jpg

In the bottom right corner you can see the Hellfrauds 3/8 set I use more often these days, wonder if that will still be going strong in 30 years time?

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

it's the same one,

they dont make them like they used to do,:rolleyes:

it's a throw away society today..:(

KAMASA that takes me back, I used to have one of those along with my grandads tools from when he worked at Ferranti. Bastards nicked them!

still got, and use my arc welder I bought from exchange and mart, 32 years ago :o

Thats quite a list of tools, i think i'd need to invest in a big garage first. With a wall to store or my tools or lots of draws to store them in. :rolleyes:

I've got most of the basics : Screw Drivers, Allen Keys, Pliers/wire cutters, stanleys, the basic spanners from the yamaha tool kit, I have the crappy set of sockets like 5mm, 5.5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 12, 13. So just the torque wrenches and a soft faced mallet but i can nick my dads one. I'm sorted the now with like all the more useful things like bench vice, soldering irons hacksaws, we eat enough takeaways so i could start saving them up haha or just get cheep tubs and with power tools, he has a lot of them too but i really wanna start myself but i better wait till i have my own place haha.

Thanks though, its the help i need that i know experienced bikers on here know, ;)

I agree your tool set is abit sad, but just think of all the fun you can have going shopping now

I have and am still buying tools when ever Aldi has them on sale. I only have 1 piece that I do not like out of all the ones I have bought ( and only because the battery doesn't hold the charge as well as I think it should).

I like the clicking wrenches they make things so easy - the ones that have like an insert in the round bit open end is the same.

There is a set that you can use around corners that is next on my list

I agree your tool set is abit sad, but just think of all the fun you can have going shopping now

I have and am still buying tools when ever Aldi has them on sale. I only have 1 piece that I do not like out of all the ones I have bought ( and only because the battery doesn't hold the charge as well as I think it should).

I like the clicking wrenches they make things so easy - the ones that have like an insert in the round bit open end is the same.

There is a set that you can use around corners that is next on my list

is it me, or was all the other blokes reading something else in that reply B)

that should do the trick,buy it..

and this is my 30 odd year old kamaza compleate with instructions and tattered sleave,, still in as new condition..

DSCF1565.jpg,

looks as good as new have you ever used it or do you still use a scaffolding pole kev. :blink:

ha ha ,nowt wrong with a scaffold pole.. oop's

And a good pair of Stilsons :lol:

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online