changing the jet

littlepig
This post is 4932 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi guys, my 100 jet has arrived and i'm looking for any guidance you can give in changing it ? been told i have to remove the tank etc ? has anyone done this ? and if you have the time could you explain the process ? any help is well appreciated.thanks.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

it's really not as hard as it sounds.

It pretty much goes:

1. Airbox assembly

2. seats - pretty self explanatory

3. chrome speedo surround - be careful - lift it up, undo the electric thingys underneath, undo speedo cable, and everything underneath, and lift it off.

4. Fuel lines. Disconnect the lower one from the tap, and lift the tap of with the tank - after undoing the bolt that holds the tank on. This will stop fuel spilling everywhere (ensuring the tap is on "on").

5. Some black long air thingy (I think it's called the silencer or something) that runs parallell to the right hand side of the frame. Undo bolts, hoses, etc and take it off.

The rest should be self explanatory to take off the carb. Just undo all the shit attached to it and take the fekker off.

As ANYONE on the forum will agree with, have a container to put each set of bolts from each component in - saves a lot of time trying to source some later. As well as that, take pictures of where everything needs to go back, this will be the best thing you ever ever ever do.

Get hold of a service manual, too, if you can :)

Please can someone correct me if I'm wrong on anything, I'm trying my best to remember the sequence i did it in but it is by no means 100% accurate.

Chris

once you take the tank off, have a look to see if you have enough room to undo the side of the carb, as you might not need to take the air filter Assembly and carb off, saves loads of time.

How u reckon this'll t'e guys ? And thanks for the reply.

?? :blink: ?? t'e ?? me no understand

ahhh lol makes sense now :lol:

well it would take about 2 hours if you took everything off (but thats takin photos and arraigning everything as well as fag and tea breaks), but if you can get away with keeping the carb and air filter assembly on the bike then probs 30min to an hour :D

the actual jet change is about 5 min work it just takes time getting to it :huh:

THESE pics may help? I took them when I had to replace my carb joint... Taskmaster gave some good advice in another post, tie string aroung the speedo cables etc before passing through the tank (I used green string in the photos) - makes it easy to get them back on

Good luck

Graham

cheers for the help guys,was in a bike garage the other day and explained the plan to one of the mechs there,he reckons it won't make a differance replacing the jet ? ? ? advised him that alot of the guys on here did the same 2 up front sprock and 3 down on the back with the 100 jet in ? he reckoned the jet will do nothing ? can anyone confirm that it makes a differance before i strip the thing down ? as always thanks for the support.

p.s Paul White is a fookin legand cheers mate.

Taskmaster gave some good advice in another post

WOO-HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Someone actually reads the miles and miles of waffle I post - How cool is that!!

I really should find all those advice posts and bookmark 'em. They'd make a nice manual.

he reckons it won't make a differance replacing the jet ? ? ? advised him that alot of the guys on here did the same 2 up front sprock and 3 down on the back with the 100 jet in ?

It will make a bit of difference.

Problem is, you're on a 125. They're not meant to go especially fast or be particularly high performance. You'll go a bit faster, probably use more fuel and get less miles-per-gallon, maybe a bit more torque, likely wear-out your parts slightly faster, but nothing astounding.

I used my time on a 125 learning how to time my manoeuvres and to plan everything - You learn to see much further ahead so you can brake in time, to get up speed and overtake well in advance, to anticipate and figure out other road users' intentions and then take defensive action well before they actually do something. All this, compared to relying on power, agility and your reactions to stay safe.

125s are great, but I prefer them factory standard.

WOO-HOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Someone actually reads the miles and miles of waffle I post - How cool is that!!

I really should find all those advice posts and bookmark 'em. They'd make a nice manual.

It will make a bit of difference.

Problem is, you're on a 125. They're not meant to go especially fast or be particularly high performance. You'll go a bit faster, probably use more fuel and get less miles-per-gallon, maybe a bit more torque, likely wear-out your parts slightly faster, but nothing astounding.

I used my time on a 125 learning how to time my manoeuvres and to plan everything - You learn to see much further ahead so you can brake in time, to get up speed and overtake well in advance, to anticipate and figure out other road users' intentions and then take defensive action well before they actually do something. All this, compared to relying on power, agility and your reactions to stay safe.

125s are great, but I prefer them factory standard.

Couldn't agree more! 0 to 60 in 4 minutes 58 secs, or 0 to 60 in 5 minutes! Who's timing? Little performance improvement weighed against risk of premature wear/failure/increased engine stresses. As I mentioned last week, not worth getting your hands mucky/ruining the dining room carpet over.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online