Whats your dream bike?

ChristianSRA
This post is 4918 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Well, I've loved them ever since they burst onto the scene in the early eighties, my ride at the time was a very tatty Suzuki GT380 having qualified for a full licence in 1980 on an X7, just before the law changed to limit learners to 125cc. The Hesketh was an unachievable goal for a 19 year old in 1981, it was an absolute monster of a machine and tremendously exotic. Even now at 48, the Hesketh has eluded me and still commmands a kings ransome, infact I've only ever seen one not in the showroom. I wandered into a crane factory's reception, near Stoke on Trent about 10 years ago (more lorry loaders than cranes I guess) and there in the office was a black V1000, in used, unrestored condition. The owner was planning on restoring it, whether he ever did who knows. Fantastic machine, is it any good as a bike, who knows or cares, I want one.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, I've loved them ever since they burst onto the scene in the early eighties, my ride at the time was a very tatty Suzuki GT380 having qualified for a full licence in 1980 on an X7, just before the law changed to limit learners to 125cc. The Hesketh was an unachievable goal for a 19 year old in 1981, it was an absolute monster of a machine and tremendously exotic. Even now at 48, the Hesketh has eluded me and still commmands a kings ransome, infact I've only ever seen one not in the showroom. I wandered into a crane factory's reception, near Stoke on Trent about 10 years ago (more lorry loaders than cranes I guess) and there in the office was a black V1000, in used, unrestored condition. The owner was planning on restoring it, whether he ever did who knows. Fantastic machine, is it any good as a bike, who knows or cares, I want one.

there was a display of these beasts at Stafford bike show, April and October

• 2 weeks later...

this is what i want. imagesCA6M1N8H.jpg

every mans dream,dont you think.

Is this your slimmer twin sister you are always on about?

She had her knickers stolen off Kevs washing line the other night. Hes not bothered about the underwear but Kev wants the 28 pegs back. :D

ATB

J

yea, would you still be wanting that date with her...

If she was anything like your mother - no thanks! :o

RD350LC are only fit for queers and steers. I see you havent got four legs so ............ ;)

[i luvs him really :P ]

ATB

J

If she was anything like your mother - no thanks! :o

RD350LC are only fit for queers and steers. I see you havent got four legs so ............ ;)

[i luvs him really :P ]

ATB

J

i hope not in a gay way,:unsure: