New Born

LiamALu
This post is 5015 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hey there everyone,

My names Liam, I'm just coming into the biking scene and wanted to make it official by joining the owners club.

I'm getting a 2010 YBR125 on Friday and am absolutely extatic!

I have had a bike before, about three years ago. It was a Lonjia Madness 125 (chinese scooter). It was cool, but had loads of little annoying things like the battery compartment leaked an would fill up with water! I ended up drilling holes in it for drainage! also, the exhaust mounts snapped and was hanging off. Had o weld it back together...

Eventually my CBT ran out, I passed my driving test, bought a car and never had a bike again...

But now, I've re-done my CBT in March this year, passed my motorcycle theory and am going down to the motorbike shop today to fill out the paper work etc for the bike, get my helmet and chain etc and the bike will be ready to go Friday!

So i'll keep you posted on my progress and upload pics as soon as.

Anyone got any general tips/advice?

Also are there any 125 riders around London/Essex areas? (East London, woodford, buckhurst hill, loughton, leyton, hackney etc?) That's where I'm from...

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Hi Liam, welcome to the forum, B)

YBR125 is a good bike had one for a brief spell and couldn't really fault it. B)

I suggest you have a read of this thread because there is some good advice about good/safe/smart riding tips by Cynic, Gas-up lets go and ttaskmaster on there.

http://www.yamahaclu...ies-to-kill-me/

Vez

Hi Liam, welcome to the forum,  B)

YBR125 is a good bike had one for a brief spell and couldn't really fault it.  B)

I suggest you have a read of this thread because there is some good advice about good/safe/smart riding tips by Cynic, Gas-up lets go and ttaskmaster on there.

http://www.yamahaclu...ies-to-kill-me/

Vez

Ah nice one Vez. Will do.

Thanks for the welcome and pointer ;)

Welcome back to biking Liam :D

Hi Liam, fellow newcomer here!

Couldn't afford a YBR myself, nevermind a new one! But they look the business, hope it rides as well as it looks :D

Although I do like the YBR bike

in my books Andy you did better ;)

Hi Liam, fellow newcomer here!

Couldn't afford a YBR myself, nevermind a new one! But they look the business, hope it rides as well as it looks :D

Hey andy, thanks man.

Yeah I hope it does the business to.

Your bike is looking sweeeeeet! Though mate!

When I saw it I was like...wow, that looks cool man!

I went for the ybr really cause there were some good deals on it and from reading up on reviews etc, it does really well on m2tg. Which is what I need right now.

Had a bit of extra cash to get the bike cause I just sold my car and I managed to get a bike off of one of my mates who crashed his, so I took it off him, repaired and sold it. Kawasaki zzr600 '93 model. I was gonna keep it, but I'm no ready for it if I'm honest. Had a few goes out, but I need more experience till I get to that level, so I went for a nice learner legal instead

Cheers oldGit, thanks for the welcome...

I know what you mean, Andy's dies look the bees' don't it?!

I'm more than happy with my YBR though!

I've always wanted a bandit ever since I can remember. I think it was the first bike I fell in love with.

I remember seing a naked turquoise kinda greeny coloured one parked outside this office building where I used to work about. Four years ago and I've wanted one ever since.

What's it like to ride?

Failte: to the YOC Liam B)

Its good to be back into bikes ISNT it !!!

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online