Lost numberplate

root
This post is 5052 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Hi I went for a short run out today visiting friends about 30 miles round trip all was well bike running good, lovely weather pulled into the drive back at home looked at bike no numberplate or metal bracket, I could have sworn it was on secure but as the bike was never out of my sight I can only assume it just fell off & for xx amount of miles i'm riding without & I am wondering how would I stand if i'd been pulled any excuses or is there a fixed penalty ? :unsure:

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

When I were a lad I used to collect car registration numbers, thankfully I grew tired of it soon enough. perhaps this is just a progression on that theme . :rolleyes:

As for getting away with it I imagine it depends on several things

what type of bike

what the copper thinks of you

and what mood he is in ohh and not to forget...whether he is anti bike as some are ;)

Dont know bout penalitys or not, i would of gone back the same road and keep a look out for it.

Hi I went for a short run out today visiting friends about 30 miles round trip all was well bike running good, lovely weather pulled into the drive back at home looked at bike no numberplate or metal bracket, I could have sworn it was on secure but as the bike was never out of my sight I can only assume it just fell off & for xx amount of miles i'm riding without & I am wondering how would I stand if i'd been pulled any excuses or is there a fixed penalty ? :unsure:

Happened to me on the car few years back, got pulled on the way home, the cop was cool, I’ve explained the plate was on the car in the morning on the way to work, and it couldn't have been stolen as the car is in a very secure car park during work, he was cool and after checking me and the car on the system he let me go on my way, I got the plate the same day to avoid any problems.

I'm not sure if you can get points for it, I think they could give you a £30 to pay and gave you a producer, which means you would have to MOT the bike and then take the paper work to your local police station to show you've done it.

Well I phoned police enquiries & asked if I should report it & they said it was best to do so to get a ref no incase anyone dodgy finds the plate & commits any offences using it at least It will be logged with them as lost, plus it is also on the records at the bike shop as me buying a new plate .