Communication between rider & passenger

Theflagg
This post is 5071 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

I have a Yamaha Roadstar Silverado 1600, my wife & I love to ride but always struggle to communicate while riding. I would like a good unit with capabilities to communicate with other bikes and perhaps a GPS or phone as well but primarily between her & I. I am not crazy about having to be wired into a unit but if it is a must for the better units then okay. Please tell me anything you know about what you have seen in use or what you use and what you think you would or would not buy and why.

Thanks Gang,

Randy

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

StarCom1 Digital - it does everything.

I have one for sale, but I think the shippping to the US might make it a little expensive!

Of course there are cheaper options, I've tried these and IMHO you'd be better just setting fire to some greenbacks!

Try a Cardo system...

I have one for my TomTom, but they do inter-bike comms, with Bluetooth for phones and all that gubbins.

Batteries are brilliant and the comms are very clear. Almost as good as a CB!!

Two bean tins with aerial's on them laugh.gif

sorry Theflagg, i just couldnt stop myself typing.

me no have any of these systems so im no help at all smile.gif

Two bean tins with aerial's on them laugh.gif

sorry Theflagg, i just couldnt stop myself typing.

me no have any of these systems so im no help at all smile.gif

Actually,,,,,

There is a system out there that is based on the old 'captains tube', it's nothing more than a tube between rider and pillion, can't remember fo rthe life of me what's it's called though - to early, need to kick start the old grey matter.....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've been looking at all these different makes. From the reviews I've read (webbikerworld have good reviews) I'm interested in the Bikercom system which is a combination system of wired + wireless...

They're supposed to be at Bikesafe @ Sheffield arena this weekend so am planning on checking them out + will let you know what I find out.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking at all these different makes. From the reviews I've read (webbikerworld have good reviews) I'm interested in the Bikercom system which is a combination system of wired + wireless...

They're supposed to be at Bikesafe @ Sheffield arena this weekend so am planning on checking them out + will let you know what I find out.

Well they weren't there + the show was quite dissappointing...

Anyway just splashed out on Scala Rider G4 Teamset - it's wireless bluetooth. It has an inbuilt FM radio and can connect to bluetooth devices (mobile/GPS).

Tested it at the weekend + seems really good. Much better than being wired to each other or the bike - just bolts (or sticks) to the side of your helmet. The unit states it can connect up to 1km to 4 other units...

I'm due to go to Germany soon so can give a better write up when I get back - but so far seem very happy.

You can buy them in the UK for £400+ or on ebay there's an Italian shop selling them for around 300 euros [took 3 days to get here + as its from the EU no import tax or VAT to add on :)]. Bit pricey but all the reviews I've read say you get what you pay for...