Cat removal DT125RE, well kind of.

Vez
This post is 5009 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.

Wow looks like a new one Vez, might be an idea to let it fully cure before fitting it, I usually throw mine on top of the boiler at work for a few days.

Its in the green house, for now at least. Done my silencer also, but may have to fit that sooner. Was wondering if a blast with a heat gun would make it cure faster, what you think ?

Its in the green house, for now at least. Done my silencer also, but may have to fit that sooner. Was wondering if a blast with a heat gun would make it cure faster, what you think ?

I dont think you could do it for long enough, if the wweather was better a greenhouse would be good, its up to you with the heat gun....not too close mind ;)

I dont think you could do it for long enough, if the wweather was better a greenhouse would be good, its up to you with the heat gun....not too close mind  ;)

Stuck for anywhere decent to put the front pipe tbh. The silencer can always go another coat if the heat gun fails.

Looks a top job there Vez B)

Cheers mate.

The heat gun worked a treat. Heated the silencer up till it was warming the front room and left it to cool overnight. :D

Bad bit is, tried the front pipe for size this morning and the end part that connects to the silencer doesn't sit in the right place. Now that can be one of three things, either the welder got it wrong, which is highly unlikely as the grind marks i put on line up perfectly. Possibly the bike is actually bent after the crash. or i did not fit it on right as it was early and i was short on time. Fingers crossed its the latter, and when i fit in on properly it all lines up :praying:.

Cheers mate.

The heat gun worked a treat. Heated the silencer up till it was warming the front room and left it to cool overnight. :D

Bad bit is, tried the front pipe for size this morning and the end part that connects to the silencer doesn't sit in the right place. Now that can be one of three things, either the welder got it wrong, which is highly unlikely as the grind marks i put on line up perfectly. Possibly the bike is actually bent after the crash. or i did not fit it on right as it was early and i was short on time. Fingers crossed its the latter, and when i fit in on properly it all lines up :praying:.

Oh No,,,, Vez,,,,,,dont be saying things like that,,,,,,,just say to yourself thats its going to fit !!!

Is it that it is not long enough to reach the silencer or is it not lining up with the silencer ?

Higensight,,,,i suppose ya should of tested it for fit before ya painted.

Welding can also make steel bend and swist slightly, for instance if ya had a straight bit of steel, then welded down the right-hand side of it the steel would bend in that direction,,,,and vice versa, both sides need to be welded bit by bit in orded for the steel to stay straight.

If your front pipe is only off in the lining up of things then ya can fix it,,,,,,,bad news is,,,,,,its gona crack your nice paint job.

Hope it fits m8 !!!

There is nothing like the smell or 2-stroke in the morning . :cloud9:

Well it looks like it was the rushing that caused it go on wrong, went on first time this morning :D

pict0929.jpg

No alignment issues and looks nice if i do say so myself.

Time for a test ride B)

Good news at last.

looks like a new pipe, off spinning for the day??

its a lovely day over here!!!

Good news at last.

looks like a new pipe, off spinning for the day??

its a lovely day over here!!!

Didn't get far and all seems well, great weather. Did a little green laneing with OG too. I will need to repaint the exhaust as it came off a little  :rolleyes:.

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online