XS400 Cafe

bznchris
This post is 4317 days old and we'd rather you create a new post instead of adding to this one. You can't reply in this post.

Do you want an ad-free experience? Join today and help support the Yamaha Owners Club.
Guest MaD.VeZ

That looks quality, im not a huge fan of cafe racers but its bikes like that make me think twice :eusa_drool:. The more i look at it the more i see, excellent attention to detail you have. Honestly i can't fault it, and thats rare for me :D

I really like that colour too, looks lush Chris :thumb:.

How long did it take you?

Vez.

Thanks Vez. Started the rebuild last September and picked it up from the painter's a couple days ago. The paint is Jaguar green, don't know the 'official' name for it. Probably something ridiculous-sounding.

Guest MaD.VeZ

Thanks Vez. Started the rebuild last September and picked it up from the painter's a couple days ago. The paint is Jaguar green, don't know the 'official' name for it. Probably something ridiculous-sounding.

That would be British Racing Green. ;)

For 6 months work, its a top job. What else is left to do, to me it looks pretty much complete?

I have stolen the pic for my desktop btw :P

Vez.

nice one chris, i did reply in your other post, but what is with the side stand, i need to extend mine for the tracker and need another 50mm!

nice one chris, i did reply in your other post, but what is with the side stand, i need to extend mine for the tracker and need another 50mm!

that, my friend, is one thing i didn't touch. guess the previous owner wanted it longer??? anyways, it works fine, and all i did was remove a little rust.

Vez, i asked the painter for "british racing green". when i picked it up he gave me the jaguar line and something like "metallic botanical something something" did jag at one point call it "british racing green?" Still waiting on carb diaphragms, but yeah, that's it.

Guest MaD.VeZ

that, my friend, is one thing i didn't touch. guess the previous owner wanted it longer??? anyways, it works fine, and all i did was remove a little rust.

Vez, i asked the painter for "british racing green". when i picked it up he gave me the jaguar line and something like "metallic botanical something something" did jag at one point call it "british racing green?" Still waiting on carb diaphragms, but yeah, that's it.

My Uncle is a big Jaguar fan and has repainted a few in the last 15 years, the green used has always been called "British Racing Green" and came as a standard Jag colour, even called that on the touch up pen you get with the tool kit with new Jags. It didn't used to be a metallic colour, so maybe this is why the painter has a another name for it.

I believe the colour comes from Great Britain's international racing colour back when there was a Great Britain :rolleyes:, and also goes by a few other names like BRG and Brunswick green too name a couple.

Vez.

I had my classic Series V Sunbeam Alpine done in Mercedes "dunckle grun" as the BRG stuff in the 80's was too light!

I had my classic Series V Sunbeam Alpine done in Mercedes "dunckle grun" as the BRG stuff in the 80's was too light!

ooooooh, i'd like to see that in green. got any old pics of it?

My Uncle is a big Jaguar fan and has repainted a few in the last 15 years, the green used has always been called "British Racing Green" and came as a standard Jag colour, even called that on the touch up pen you get with the tool kit with new Jags. It didn't used to be a metallic colour, so maybe this is why the painter has a another name for it.

I believe the colour comes from Great Britain's international racing colour back when there was a Great Britain  :rolleyes:, and also goes by a few other names like BRG and Brunswick green too name a couple.

Vez.

Good to know some history behind this color, Vez!

ooooooh, i'd like to see that in green. got any old pics of it?

I'll try to do some scans when i stoke up the scanner with some coal :huh:

Lovely job done there Bznchris

me likes this

Lovely job done there Bznchris

me likes this

Thanks 2 Wheels. She fought me every step of the way. Well, her carbs are still fighting me, but I'm happy with the result.

Very classy cris" love the colour, cummon Drewps" your lagging behind,biggrin.gif

I'm having my tank made as we speak, should be ready in a week or so!

Drewps, you ever get that scanner fired up? they say the boiler on those old coal-fired units can be pretty cantankerous.

had a sticky steam valve, finally freed it with a monkey wrench

sunbeam-alpine.jpg

had a sticky steam valve, finally freed it with a monkey wrench

sunbeam-alpine.jpg

Back in the day (80's) Drewps did you have long hair to be blowing in the wind while one arm on the window and you winking at all the lassies cool.gif

Bet you did mate !!! What

ps. nice machine there ---- EDIT: the car not the scanner biggrin.gif

• Who's Online (See full list)

• There are no registered users currently online